BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GoPro Inspector
4,422 Posts
it's been canceled, we didn't have enough confirmed riders so you have some more time to get the bike going.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
It's a great way to ride & race!
The answer is yes. But you don't have to put out 2 grand up front! Start cheap and see if you like it! You will!

·
GoPro Inspector
4,422 Posts
Yeah the mini club is going there this year, they have invited the club but I'm not sure who is going or not going.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
We sure did, Ted!
One of the best weekends I've ever enjoyed racing! Good times great peeps, fantastic track and you calling the races!

·
Fixer
1,610 Posts
Thanks Bill, and I probably never thanked you for providing the ride either....

Great track, if anyone doesn't think the drive is worth it you don't know what you're missing.

·
Registered
832 Posts
It's a great way to ride & race!
The answer is yes. But you don't have to put out 2 grand up front! Start cheap and see if you like it! You will!
Can't start cheap with rims.. it's either dish out $$$ or don't. The last supermoto I rode was at PRS 2 years ago, a CRF230 motard.

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
You can start using your stock rims. There are street tires that will fit. My point is; if you aren't sure you don't have to spend much to find out if you like it
You asked if it's worth spending 2 grand. If you've already ridden supermoto; why are you asking?

·
Registered
832 Posts
You can start using your stock rims. There are street tires that will fit. My point is; if you aren't sure you don't have to spend much to find out if you like it
You asked if it's worth spending 2 grand. If you've already ridden supermoto; why are you asking?
Felt the same as street 21/18 rubber and I didn't really know what I was doing so I couldn't test it's limit's. But I guess 17's are 17's.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can't start cheap with rims.. it's either dish out $$$ or don't. The last supermoto I rode was at PRS 2 years ago, a CRF230 motard.
30499_399817492262_5318348_n.jpg

I started with some BT45's (<$200 a set, pictured above).

Brand new Warp 9 wheels (with oversized front disk, caliper relocation bracket, sprocket) with a set of Pilot Power can be had for 1,300 USD, which mean that if you are patient, you can piece together a nice used SM setup for about a grand while you explore the limits of the sportsman setup. It's worth every penny.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts