BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The season opener for BCSupermoto is fast approaching! May 17 to be exact. We will be running a FULL Saturday ONLY event. Who's coming out for some brapping? spectating? or maybe flagging? We do need flaggers so if anyone wants to get up close and personal with some supermotards come on down. :)

Hope to see some of you out there!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would love to come and get my bike on the track for the first time! I tried calling Zach but he never returned my call. I was hoping to find out exactly what I need to do to have my bike track ready for my first time. I've already locktighted all my bolts, have painters tape for the lights, but wasn't sure about what else I need to do. Any help is appreciated!

·
On a soapbox
3,008 Posts
I'll just save anyone else having to look up where it is.. Tradex Abbotsford.

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
I believe the only other thing you may require is a catchcan. Their requirements are *here*

I would love to come and get my bike on the track for the first time! I tried calling Zach but he never returned my call. I was hoping to find out exactly what I need to do to have my bike track ready for my first time. I've already locktighted all my bolts, have painters tape for the lights, but wasn't sure about what else I need to do. Any help is appreciated!

·
GoPro Inspector
4,422 Posts
Thanks JJ. It is at Tradex, Saturday at 8am-5pm. If you're not sure what you have to do to the bike you can bring it and we will get you all fixed up. Bring a small tin can/container. Right now it looks like we'll be doing open practice for most of the day, depending on how many riders for each class show up. This means that you will get LOTS of seat time for your money!!

·
Bikes not keyboards
240 Posts
[/url][/IMG]
Bring your motard out to Tradex this Sat rain or shine!
From BC Supermoto`s fb page:

BC Supermoto is hosting its 8th annual season opener this coming Saturday (May 17th) at Tradex. The day will be dedicated to getting new members signed up and up to speed – Lots of practice time will be available! We will be helping new members understand the rules of racing, bike safety and tech tips. This will get you up to speed and ready to participate in the fun for the balance of the season! Don’t miss it, the action starts @ 8:00AM and goes until 5:00PM

Entree Fees:
• $90.00 PNWMA Insurance (Sign up starts @ 8:00am)
• $40.00 Practice Fee
• Racing Fees ($25.00 of practice fee will go towards your first race):
o 1st class: $60.00
o 2nd class: $40.00
o 3rd class: $20.00
o 4th+ class: $10.00

Gear Requirements:
• An off-road or dual-sport motorcycle in good working condition:
o All bolts tightened
o Chain adjusted
o Sportsman or dual-sport tires (dirt tires ok but not recommended)
o All lights and signals covered or taped
o License plate removed
o Catch can – a container to collect all fluids from overflow or breather tubes (carburetor, radiator, crankcase)
We will be helping people with these, bring a small pop can and some zap straps!
o No leaks or sweats from any part of the bike that could cause for fluid to fall on the track or pit area

Motorcycle safety gear:
•Helmet
•Goggles or eye protection
•Boots that cover above the ankle
•Gloves
•A leather race suit will offer the best protection but we will allow textile pants and or MX gear in good condition

Call Zach Leverington with any questions 778-836-5719! Or visit our website for details www.bcsupermoto.com

·
Bikes not keyboards
240 Posts
[/url][/IMG]

Awesome day of Supermoto! Perfect weather & no rain.
It ended up being an open practice day & everyone got a ton of laps.
Nice to see some new faces show up on their streetbikes/DRZ`s & tape up their
lights, pull off the stand & plate & jump & slide with us !!
Next event May 31 @ Tradex
[/url][/IMG]

·
Fixer
1,610 Posts
Sorry I missed the opener, was working with Nancy at Pitt Meadows for her trackday. Hope all the motarders had a great day, I'll see you guys sometime during the season and great pix Shawnboy.

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Hey Shawn! Great times on Saturday, we appreciate you guys putting this on. I tried PM'ing you but doesn't seem like your profile is setup to receive them. Can you elaborate on where you bought your Michelin SM tires? cheers

[/url][/IMG]

Awesome day of Supermoto! Perfect weather & no rain.
It ended up being an open practice day & everyone got a ton of laps.
Nice to see some new faces show up on their streetbikes/DRZ`s & tape up their
lights, pull off the stand & plate & jump & slide with us !!
Next event May 31 @ Tradex

·
Bikes not keyboards
240 Posts
Hey - not sure who you are lol -damn user names.
I am not on here anymore only on facebook where people use their real names.
Michelin dealer for supermoto tires in Canada is Wayne Kennedy http://www.kennedymotorsports.com/contact.html
He will ship to your door.
Most run the 14B med rear but the soft 29B has lasted on my 250 at Tradex (no long corners- less heat).
Everyone runs the 29B soft front.
These tires are expensive but worth it.

·
Bikes not keyboards
240 Posts
Sorry I missed the opener, was working with Nancy at Pitt Meadows for her trackday. Hope all the motarders had a great day, I'll see you guys sometime during the season and great pix Shawnboy
Ted grab Henk`s bike & come on out next weekend !!
Next one Sat May 31. Then June 22, July 12, July 19 & Aug 23-24, Sept 6-7 weekends.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts