BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Always ride red
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, just wanted to mention that I am organizing a race this April 15th in Hope B.C. called the Bent Spoke presented by the FVDRA. It is a part of the Pacific North West Motorcycle Association series (race licence required, availible at event) www.pnwma.com and we are offering a sportsman class for those that are new to racing or wonder what it will be like (no licence required).

This will be a premier event that shouldnt be missed so write it down and hope to see everyone out there.

I have attached the flyer for more info or go to www.fvdra.com

If you have any questions please post or PM, I know a lot of the sportbike crowd has dirtbikes so dust'em off and come out, this is also a family event that anyone can attend.

:horse

·
less talk, more ride
207 Posts
Sounds like a good time! I'm trying to convince a couple buddies to come out, but they're both fairly inexperienced- how difficult is the course going to be for guys that haven't ridden much?

·
Always ride red
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gpgreg said:
Sounds like a good time! I'm trying to convince a couple buddies to come out, but they're both fairly inexperienced- how difficult is the course going to be for guys that haven't ridden much?
The Sportsman course is aimed at begginers and novice riders, it will be approxitmatly 7-10KM long and wont be too difficult for them. It becomes difficult when any rider says these trails are easy, then I say ok then go threw them in 5th gear if they are so easy. 90% of the course doesnt have too much elevation change, thats where most newbies have trouble. The whole point of Sportsman class is to NOT intimidate new riders to the sport and let them have a chance at experiencing the race course without the serious side of it. It will be fun and for all those that might think that it will be too hard for them, I would say that if you can start your own bike, ride without training wheels and use the clutch and gears by yourself, then you'll do fine. Its not a race and is for fun in Sportsman.

·
Racin' anyone anytime
51 Posts
I was going to go, but take a look, it's been cancelled!

I can't believe that I am having to write this post.

Wednesday afternoon without notice or warning to the Victoria Motorcycle club, Timber West began logging operations in the heart of our CLUB lease lands.

This was after confirm of the race date with their offices over 2 months ago.

Due to the 7 day week logging policy that Timber west is currently enforcing on all of its contractors and the location of the logging we can not run the event for safety reasons. !!!

I have spent the last 24 hrs trying to find a solution with Timber West and it contractor to no avail.

I lack the words to express the disappointment that I am currently feeling after two months of course preparation and close to $2000.00 in costs incurred.

Please spread the word to every one who is considering attending the event and please except my humble apology

Thank you

Tim & Barry

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
Bastards! Typical...money comes first.

·
Always ride red
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more week until the event, the A" and B" courses are awsome and fast, they have a great mix of technical and speed that should make a competitive race for all. The sportsman class is setup very well to accomidate those that want a taste of what its like, but doesnt use the real hard stuff that would intimidate new riders/racers. Hope to see anyone from here, come say hello my name is Todd.

:rockon

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
Chip finder said:
One more week until the event, the A" and B" courses are awsome and fast, they have a great mix of technical and speed that should make a competitive race for all. The sportsman class is setup very well to accomidate those that want a taste of what its like, but doesnt use the real hard stuff that would intimidate new riders/racers. Hope to see anyone from here, come say hello my name is Todd.

:rockon
Would there be any space around to teach my wife how to ride her little dirtbike. or is it all a race?

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
alternateimpact said:
Would there be any space around to teach my wife how to ride her little dirtbike. or is it all a race?
if she knows how to ride the trails will be fine...if she needs to learn to ride there is an area under the power lines down lower or up top where i think sign up is gona be...Tod???

·
Always ride red
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha still here, yes theres lots of room to ride and plenty of people to help, I know sometimes its easier for another woman to help out with the whole teacging/learning curve and we have plenty of women riders that love that stuff. It will be very busy saturday but theres lots of room.

M

·
0 Posts
damn i missed it.... read it today...
how often are there events like this happening as i'd really like to attend one sometime.
motocross bikes permitted?
also how much would a license cost?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts