BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about all the shows I've been to and would have to say that pink floyd in bc place was one of the top 10 in my book. what about you guys? anyone else go to a lot of concerts?

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
aw c'mon....you just liked floyd 'cuz you wuz high on crack.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
hmmm....

I'd have to say that Radiohead, the Amnesiac tour, last summer at UBC. Beta Band opened! It was excellent.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beta band kicks ass!

I remembered another one, fugazi at the plaza of nations. I was 16 (I think), shotgunned a whole 6 pack! that's right 6!!! I know you're all impressed!

and DNA, it is against the law to go to a pink floyd concert without being under the influence of any mood altering substance.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Wish I saw Radiohead.. that woulda been sweet.

For me. Toss up: Stone Temple Pilots @ Queen E. or Tea Party at the Colisseium.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the who farewell tour 1982. exhibition place toronto. i stood on the pitcher's mound 15 feet away from john entwistle.

·
fat old bastard
826 Posts
I'm a fossil,
stand out concerts for me were,
SuperTramp, Crime of the century tour,outdoor concert at Empire stadium P.N.E.
All the Pink Floyd Tours were great.

The Who at the kingdome in seattle,
my hearing has never been the same.

Talking Heads always a good show.

local bands

Chilliwack,
Head pins,
Powder blues band,
Jack Lavin and the checkered Demons, only played in small clubs but a great show

·
518 Posts
bender said:
beta band kicks ass!

I remembered another one, fugazi at the plaza of nations. I was 16 (I think), shotgunned a whole 6 pack! that's right 6!!! I know you're all impressed!

and DNA, it is against the law to go to a pink floyd concert without being under the influence of any mood altering substance.
I was there, I climbed one of the roof supports and sat on a ledge.... good view....
the best show I've seen was "The SUpersuckers" last year..

I was deaf for two days.... :) they rule!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'd have to say the radiohead/beta band show, but, since its already been mentioned any time Ben Harper comes through he has a wicked show...more mellow but he's a good live performer

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I'm with you on that one blazinr6, the Ben Harper show WAS pretty good.

Did any of you get to see U2 when they were here last April? That was another really good show. Kind of an oldie band, I guess...but I thought it was wicked. They played everything, something from every album.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Sorry mess, I'm still a big U2 fan, that's for sure. It's just that they've been around for longer than I've been alive. ;)

BTW, I think I'm picking up my new bike on Tuesday. You possibly up for a ride the following weekend? Saturday maybe? Something nice and slow, so I don't hurt myself too bad. :( :D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
umm...I still have to go to a "concert"....apart from a classical one ~ #1 = Swan Lake.....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Human said:
umm...I still have to go to a "concert"....apart from a classical one ~ #1 = Swan Lake.....
ssshhh...
dont tell anyone, but Swan Lake was really good...i really liked their set dsign

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
concerts

The last and only concert I`ve ever been to was Devo at the 86 st Music Hall in `89.It wasn`t really that good,they were late coming out and only played half a dozen songs then left:rolleyes ...........ken.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
U2 at Gm Place was good... But I wanted to shoot PJ Harvey.

Diesel Boy at a little bar here was good, as were the Black Halos. Big Sugar was good too they played (a club called) Sugar.

-Matt

·
Slow
271 Posts
Soundgarden at the Town Pump.

This was one of those Molson Canadian Blind Date things. Free beer all you could drink and Chris right there 2 feet away. I think he even gave a friend of ours a $20 bill... just part of the show.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Waaaaaaaait wait waitwaitwait...

You're forgetting #1..

Spice World tour, Tacoma Dome '98..

Nosebleed seats and I was old enough to laugh about it but young enough to admire some of the older "scenery" without too much guilt. ;)

For the inevitable pervert comments, we're talking 19 looking at 16-17.. :thumbup

Sadly, Ginger didn't show up.. :(

True story. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts