BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed over to see my brother and sister inlaw this weekend and wondering what the best day loops are. Still have to consider the fires and staying clear of any staging zones for BCWF. Planning on riding over Friday afternoon and riding all day Saturday & Sunday, home to Nelson on Monday.

TIA

·
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bueller, Bueller Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
722 Posts
Are you coming over on hwy6? If not it's worth a out and back to edgewood/needles ferry, consider fuel range. Or doing as a loop up through revelstoke and back. I haven't ridden any of the southern loops over hwy33 this year due to work, fires, covid.

·
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL @Squisher

I know, but it's always nice to have some direction when outside of this land ;)

Going to take HWY6 tomorrow to get there and then come back home via 33 & 3. Just need day trips because I can't find my DH book which is odd or I'd have it all planned out already.

·
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Day 1...

Day 2...

Attachments

·
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Total trip... Looks like it's going be a great weekend!

Reactions: Squisher

·
Registered
722 Posts
Looks pretty awesome alright. I'm always down for 31a if I get over that way but I'm sure that's pretty much your local stomping grounds. This weekend looks fantastic for riding.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You missed Westside road, Green Mountain road, and the backroads from Twin Lakes to Oliver. Not that you won't have loads of fun on your posted routes.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,329 Posts
You missed Westside road, Green Mountain road, and the backroads from Twin Lakes to Oliver. Not that you won't have loads of fun on your posted routes.
Westside Road neighbourhood was recently devastated by a forest fire; as of a few days ago you couldn't access it unless you were local. Even if it's open now (might be), I'd imagine it'll be swarming with construction trucks and similar machinery as they attempt to clear out the damage.

Salmon River Rd is a nice (if short) road just out of Vernon. OP will be passing right by it on the way to Kamloops.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
New fire on Green mountain rode this morning. Worst summer ever between the heat, fires, and smoke. I've hardly rode.

·
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
What a weekend O M G - avoided the rain 4x which was lucky by the looks of what was coming at me. Great roads aside from a short section of the new pavement on 5A south of 97C that had been milled. Grooves are certainly not your friend on 2 wheels :oops:

Westside Rd was on the list but as kerunt mentioned, closed due to the fires.

Added to the list!

·
To torque or not?
94 Ducati 900 SS CR, 95 Ducati 900 SS CR, 04 ST3, 07 ST3S, 90 VFR750, 02 VFR800, 82 Gpz 550X2, NS400
903 Posts
What a weekend O M G - avoided the rain 4x which was lucky by the looks of what was coming at me. Great roads aside from a short section of the new pavement on 5A south of 97C that had been milled. Grooves are certainly not your friend on 2 wheels :oops:

Westside Rd was on the list but as kerunt mentioned, closed due to the fires.

Added to the list!
We rode 5A from Aspen Grove to Princeton today, just a short section of milled pavement left. In a couple of weeks it will be great….. as long as it does not snow. Great food at the Copper Pit in Princeton
Wheel Window Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
722 Posts
I took Hwy97 out of Vernon to salmon river Rd and Yankee flats back to salmon river last weekend. At salmon arm we took a left on the trans Canada for a quick jaunt to the dreamcycle motorcycle museum just across from the balmoral gas station not quite to Sorrento. Cool place if you google it up well worth a stop IMO. I had a Reuben at the connnected sprocket cafe which made a nice lunch.

On the way back we took salmon river Rd but stayed off Yankee flats this time and then took a left onto Haywood armstrong which leads into the backside of armstrong and then right onto otter lake Rd which then connects back to Hwy 97 right near the north end of westside Rd. Which we didn't take instead heading back to Vernon.

That makes a nice short little backroadish loop with some decent twistie sections thrown in.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
We rode 5A from Aspen Grove to Princeton today, just a short section of milled pavement left. In a couple of weeks it will be great….. as long as it does not snow. Great food at the Copper Pit in Princeton View attachment 146230
We stopped there for lunch last weekend and it was the WORST meal we've had in many years. In the waitresses defense; she did offer us something else but we were too put off.

·
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had lunch here at the Bakery Cafe Bistro. A smoked meat sandwich that was amazing, a coconut macaroon and double latte - delicious!

Sky Cloud Plant Window Building

1 - 16 of 16 Posts