BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Best Lower Mainland place for shoes and bike cover?

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Squint 
#1 ·
Hi I read the thread about finding helmets and leathers, but I need the best selection for shoes (not boots) and bike covers (Honda midsize sportbikes).

It my bfs birthday and I dont ride so I know ziltch about where to go or if the advice would be the same.

He needs new shoes and a cover (mostly for dust as it gets parked inside).

Its fine for me to just give him a gift card so that he can have the fun of shopping, but I'd love to know some great places to take him to, or if it is really better to buy online, which is where I have looked so far.

Any help appreciated!!
Thanks

#4 ·
For you closed minded people........I think she means "bike Shoes" you know, the ones that you can just slip on when not going racing but are meant for ridding "motorcycles" cut the poor girl some slack ! If I lived at the coast I would send you to a larger shop with a big selection of clothing and apparel , but I live in the interior and do ALL my shopping at VMS or Redline motorsports. these two are both on line and can help if you can't find what you need down at the coast. Good luck with the BF's gift .......I think that most guys would kill for a girl that has done what you have done here for you BF PS: sorry about the dumbassed answers above ?

#7 ·
Good luck with the BF's gift .......I think that most guys would kill for a girl that has done what you have done here for you BF PS: sorry about the dumbassed answers above ?
I'd have to agree with him. *Down on the coast, i'd suggest the Honda Centre on 1st ave near boundary in Burnaby, or Burnaby Kawasaki on Edmonds near Canada way. Holeshot Motorsports in Langley has a great selection, but i have stayed away from them. *Carter Motorsports on Granville Island I have nothing good to say about them.

Good Luck with your search,

#8 ·
Wally world sells a cheap, light weight cover that also works well in the great outdoors. RainX.

Canada tube covers are ok for indoors but don't last long outdoors. Pretty much garbage so you got to get them cheap.

Shoes? Motorcycle shoes? Most everyone buys some form of boot.

#9 ·
Canada tube covers are ok for indoors but don't last long outdoors. Pretty much garbage so you got to get them cheap.
That's true.. my CT cover was used briefly for outdoor storage when it was brand new, pretty much just good for keeping a moist microclimate contained around the bike so it would corrode faster.
But it has been successfully keeping dust off my bikes indoors for about 15 years now. And frankly, the more ratty and stained it is, the less of a target.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.