BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
11,210 Posts
Ryan R said:
Hey Bruce wheren't you working on some sort of hugger project. I thought you were gonna make your own cause I was gonna hold off and see how yours turned out.
That was before a little red Honda found it's way into my garage. The hugger project is on hold until after the racing prep is done. I may just end up buying one in the end. I'm hoping that OPP will get a new supplier with a better design. Apparently the previous design was prone to being cracked by the shock reservoir during extreme travel.

· Premium Member
11,210 Posts
The prices look good but I don't see one for the 99 and newer 9R's............... Bastards :2up

· Premium Member
11,210 Posts
Thanks for the link Lloyd. I sent them an Email asking for prices and availability on the carbon models. And Ryan, I also asked if we could share the shipping if we order at the same time. Every little bit counts.

· Premium Member
11,210 Posts
Just got this from the guy at dynamohumm.

Bruce
The carbon huggers run $250-$300 CAD (aprox $160-$200 USD).Carbon "look"
about $50 cheaper.Also available in colours.
Two huggers ship for the price of one.

Brian
I think Christmas is going to be early this year............. :D But first I gotta get the race toy out of the way money wise.

· Premium Member
11,210 Posts
Hu99 said:

That's a crime to charge that much for a piece of plastic!! Shame on them!! I'm going to go without a hugger unless I can get one for $100 tops. Damn thieves.:1up
But, but......but...................... but it's CARBON FIBER man. You know........ Black Gold

Yah, that' pretty much how I feel too but then I stop to consider how long it would take me to make up a mold and make my own and then the price doesn't seem so bad after all.

· Premium Member
11,210 Posts
You've forgotten the basic precept of supply and demand. The one that says "Rip 'em Off GOOOOOOOD".............

· Premium Member
11,210 Posts
vrecksler said:

That is why I went with Red Fox. It is by far the most reasonably priced hugger available, and they look great. They are still making a tidy profit no doubt, but I do not mind the $135ish compared to the over $200 it would cost for other huggers.
Did you get your's shipped direct from Jolly Ol' England or is there a domestic supplier?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.