BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a phone call today morning from BK, I was asleep, I just caled them back and was kinda nervous becasue they would only call if something was wrong with the bike.....

so I get this kinda worried/nervous Manny on the line and he asks "has this bike been serviced here before ?"....

I am more worried, and tell him no last service was at Clearbrook by the previous owner....

now a more relaxed Manny, "beacuase the pilot screws weren't drilled"....the pilot screws are supposed to be drilled and opened up for better bottom and midrange in the first service, they are plugged becasue in the states and elsewhere it's illegal to change that, increases emissions.....

said that's most likely #1 reason for the 5k stutter and they also shimmed the needles for the 8k stutter due to the yosh pipe.....I wanna see my bike on the DYNO now !

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I think the poor guys are running a little scared the past little while as a result of that last exchange.

Shows they are concerned anyway.

I wouldn't hold it against Clearbrook too much. After all there's no official policy that says to open the pilots. That's just BK's inhouse acton I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I wouldn't hold that against Clearbrook Motorcycles either.. that's an option, not a requirement..

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya I guess, you get what you pay for...and no they didn't shim the needles, Manny said he confirmed with the mechanic, the mechanic didn't think it was necessary after opening up the pilot screws....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bruce what do the pilot screws do ? do all the bikes have them ?....midrange and lower than 5k is really strong now, I haven't lit it up as yet due to the new front tire but I can tell the difference.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts