BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
keepin' it steel
1,171 Posts
Superbikes might be more interesting than MotoGP next year. But I'm still a sucker for the 125 and 250 championships for close racing. The 125 races nearly always go down to the final lap and are sometimes a 3 or 4-way battle. In 250s it's fun to see who Lorenzo will bump into next. :p

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya the small bikes are exciting close races...
WSBK 2006 is looking interesting, a very wide spread of talent in there right now, alot of unknown variables what with the influx of motogp refugees...
If Biaggi can find a ride, maybe Checa can get one too....

·
Funbuster
153 Posts
Good for him.
A lot of people like to bash Biaggi. Sure he comes across as a bit of a whiner and spoiled sport. But I gaurantee there is no rider posting on this site that can come anywhere near Biaggi's skill level.
Maybe he's earned the right to do a little complaining...

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
This just in from the FIM, the provisional entry list for this season's WSBK championship:

(Competiton number, name, machine, team)
1. Troy Corser, Suzuki GSXR1000, Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra
3. Norick Abe, Yamaha YZF R1, Yamaha Motor France - IPONE
7. Pierfrancesco Chili, Honda CBR 1000RR, D.F.X. Treme
8. Ivan Clementi, Ducati 999R, Team Pedercini
9. Chris Walker, Kawasaki ZX10R, PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse
10. TBA, Kawasaki ZX10R PSG-1, Kawasaki Corse
11. Ruben Xaus, Ducati 999 R, Sterilgarda - Berik
13. Vittorio Iannuzzo, Suzuki GSXR1000, Celani Team
15. Fabien Foret, Suzuki GSXR1000, Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra
16. Sebastien Gimbert, Yamaha YZF R1, Yamaha Motor France
18. Craig Jones, PETRONAS FP1 Foggy PETRONAS Racing
19. Lucio Pedercini, Ducati 999 R Team Pedercini
20. Marco Borciani, Ducati 999 R Sterilgarda - Berik
21. Troy Bayliss, Ducati 999 R Ducati Xerox Team
22. Shinichi Nakatomi, Yamaha YZF R1 Yamaha Motor France
31. Karl Muggeridge, Honda CBR 1000RR, Winston Ten Kate Honda
41. Noriyuki Haga, Yamaha YZF R1, Yamaha Motor Italia WSB Team
44. Roberto Rolfo, Ducati 999 R, Team Ducati SC
52. James Toseland, Honda CBR 1000RR, Winston Ten Kate Honda
55. Regis Laconi, Kawasaki ZX10R, PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse 2
57. Lorenzo Lanzi, Ducati 999 R, Ducati Xerox Team
71. Yukio Kagayama, Suzuki GSXR1000, Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra
76. Max Neukirchner, Honda CBR 1000RR, Team Klaffi Honda
84. Michel Fabrizio, Honda CBR 1000RR, D.F.X. Treme
88. Andrew Pitt, Yamaha YZF R1, Yamaha Motor Italia WSB Team
99. Steve Martin, PETRONAS FP1, Foggy PETRONAS Racing
105. Lorenzo Alfonsi, Ducati 999 R, Team PN Corse
116. Franco Battaini, Kawasaki ZX10R, Team Bertocchi
TBA, Honda CBR 1000RR, Team Klaffi Honda
TBA, Suzuki GSXR1000, Team Alstare Suzuki Corona Extra
Man its gonna be good racing.

D

·
0 Posts
justice said:
Good for him.
A lot of people like to bash Biaggi. Sure he comes across as a bit of a whiner and spoiled sport. But I gaurantee there is no rider posting on this site that can come anywhere near Biaggi's skill level.
Maybe he's earned the right to do a little complaining...
earned the right? he never won a 500cc/motogp title. a rookie like melandri ate him for lunch last season. so did a kentucky redneck.

there are riders with far fewer accomplishments that don't whine about anything. they ride simply for the love of the sport. biaggi is not one of them.

he whined that his bike sucked 2 yrs ago because it was not a factory bike.
he whined last year that his FACTORY bike sucked because the satellite teams were treated better. he whined that the kentucky redneck was getting better treatment in the paddock.

funny thing is, hayden WAS treated better. for the short term, honda has its eggs in the hayden basket. is hayden the second coming for honda? not a chance. melandri possibly. or one of the young kids in development. biaggi was a seatwarmer.

skill level? lame excuse. of course none of us have biaggi's skill. few, if any, of us have been racing our entire lives. that's still no reason for biaggi to whine and bitch about everything but himself. he is a has been that never really was. he said it himself: he was competing against rossi before rossi even threw a leg over a 125 cc bike. all i hear hayden talk about is taking what he's learned, good or bad, and improving the next time out. hayden has already proved (and i felt he wasn't gonna do it) he can hang with the big boys. he will have a successful, albeit not storied, career in motogp.

i guarantee you if anyone on this board was offered a single wildcard ride in ANY pro race series, they'd jump at the chance and not do one bit of complaining no matter how shitty the bike or their skill level was.

·
Twin B
1,208 Posts
WSBK is going to be interesting, I'll say that much. Even if he doesn't win anything keeping Biaggi around will make interesting reading... At least his uncle isn't banned in the WSBK paddock.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
It sure didn't take him long to sew up a ride.

·
Funbuster
153 Posts
doug said:
earned the right? he never won a 500cc/motogp title. a rookie like melandri ate him for lunch last season. so did a kentucky redneck....
Four time 250cc World Champion and 42 moto gp wins.
Give yer fackin head a shake!
Biaggi is not my all time favourite rider, but I'm not gonna slag someone who can ride circles around us all.
It's not like he's a Liberal candidate or something equally horrid.

D

·
0 Posts
justice said:
Four time 250cc World Champion and 42 moto gp wins.
and a rookie with less than 20 motogp starts took him to school last year. a rookie kid on a satellite team made 2 factory riders look like they were on bikes with training wheels.

no need to shake my head at all. writing is pretty clear. biaggi should just pack it in. so should gibernau for that matter, but that's another thread.

this really has nothing to do with our riding skills. it has everything to do with what skills biaggi has being shredded by those that are far better. and for his parting shots with honda, he is getting his just desserts.

·
Member #827
1,505 Posts
doug said:
and a rookie with less than 20 motogp starts took him to school last year. a rookie kid on a satellite team made 2 factory riders look like they were on bikes with training wheels.
That's a stretch statement. It was awesome racing, and both are incredibly fast. 11 points difference over 16 races shows pretty even talent to me. Melandri is also not a rookie, he's been racing in MotoGP since 2003 just like Hayden.

Biaggi I agree is pretty much through. He made the stupidest move of his career after the race in Turkey. He's getting old and will never win the championship. Gibernau is in the same boat. He's been mentally demolished by Rossi and has left Honda for inferior equipment. Next year will be the Rossi, Hayden, Melandri show with the occasional podium appearance of other riders. The arrival of the 800's is when everything starts from scratch again.

Back in WSBK land - Foggy needs to hang it up too. His bike flat out sucks. McCoy should be back in MotoGP or at the very least on a decent ride in WSBK. BSB is a good series but we don't get to watch it, and McCoy is one of my favourite riders. Will be wicked to see him dueling with Byrne though.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
doug said:
all i hear hayden talk about is taking what he's learned, good or bad, and improving the next time out.
You should hear him off camera. Refers to Kurtis Roberts as "A whiney little bitch". :laughing

I wonder what he has to say about Biaggi.

D

·
0 Posts
CrotchRocketeer said:
Melandri is also not a rookie, he's been racing in MotoGP since 2003 just like Hayden.
yep, you are correct. melandri had a very bad first year though. spent it with a broken leg. so really he has a year on the yamaha, and a year with honda.

D

·
0 Posts
Commuter Boy said:
You should hear him off camera. Refers to Kurtis Roberts as "A whiney little bitch". :laughing

I wonder what he has to say about Biaggi.
i can only imagine.

i would really have loved to be a fly on the wall when rossi and biaggi got into a fistfight before their press conference.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts