BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Each time I ride by one of those digital speed meters it registers my bike going 4-5km / hr less than what my speedo says. I've noticed this on my CBR and my R6, has anyone else noticed this? Or are my bikes coincidentally buggered?

Also what the hell is going on with the CSS for this website?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Bike speedos generally always read higher than actual speed and get worse the faster you go. Beyond that any changes to gearing or tires can affect it as well. As for your other question I have no clue what you're referring to.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yup, they're calibrated that way from the factory. Imagine what the manufacturer's liability would be like if they were calibrated to read too low. They'd be paying for a lot of speeding tickets.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
has anybody else noticed this? really, thats the question..?

no, nobody on earth has ever noticed the fact every single car and motorcycle's
speedo is inaccurate.. i'm going to assume you're new to 'the road' not just riding :D

all joking aside if the popo pulls you over, when they ask you if you know how
fast you were going, you can safely say no!.. it makes for a great punch line.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
It's not fresh news that vehicle speedometers almost universally read optimistic. Liability lawyer representatives in these companies have seen to this. It's very easy to understand why. My GPS readings over the years with various bikes I've had show that all readings are optimistic. Generally 4-8 kms, and the variation seems to get more optimistic as the speed rises, so that makes sense as well, as a % of the speed generally is the same.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have another question. Are there actually people out there that are paid to create new userames and make 1 post to drive traffic on obscure Provincial centric niche hobby forums? Posts 1 & 5 seem to be too specific to be created by bots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts