BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this e-mail from Steve Dick. This is going to be really fun to watch (check out some of the racers that will be entered). Damn! I wish I had a Mini Motard bike to race as I would be all over this. I'll be bringing my leathers just in case anyone drops out and I can have a go....

Trust me if you catch any of the action you will want to give this a try so look up the Mini-Road Racers booth and ask how you can get involved. This is just a heads up to all you BCSB members so don't try and enter unless you are a licenced racer with the CMA and PCMRRC. See you all out there.

Hi All,

Bill Hitchon from 5th Gear Motorsports, Roland James from the Pacific Coast Mini Roadracing Club, myself, and Nanette from the Sportsman’s Shows have worked out a plan to hold 6 Mini Road Race “demos” over the course of the 4 day Bike Show at Tradex next weekend.

If you are getting this e-mail, we either need your help, or you are being invited to ride at the events. The same thing was done at both Alberta Shows over the past 2 weeks with great success. It served to promote both mini and full size roadracing to fans who had never watched it before. The bikes were supplied by the manufacturers thru Blackfoot Motorsports and the Alberta Mini Roadracing Association ran the events. Roland’s club, the PCMRC only really got involved on Monday once we all realized that the venue will support a very nice little track that will suit TTR125’s, DRZ125’s, KLX125’s, & CRF100’s perfectly with street or knobby tires…your choice. The track will be two thirds indoor and one third outdoor, so weather could add an interesting element.

We are looking for volunteers to help with announcing, flagging, marshals, lap scoring, pre-grid and grid, track teardown, and I’m sure there are things we haven’t thought of yet. We are also looking for about 32 racers on an invitational basis. Please e-mail Roland, Bill, or myself to get an invite if you want to participate, but are not currently on the list. Details are still being worked out on the bikes too with the help of Brendan Keys from Yamaha, who is contacting the Suzuki, Honda, & Kawasaki reps to make this happen. These loaner bikes must go back to the dealers in good condition after the weekend, or this may not happen again. Bill at 5th Gear has 4 loaner TTR125’s and a few riders have their own bikes. We are asking for 4 stroke bikes with stock mufflers, preferably the same models as listed above.

Even though you may be on one of these lists, it’s likely you haven’t been contacted yet. Please consider this e-mail as a request for your help and participation. Due to the extreme lack of time, we have had to put this together very quickly, hence the mass e-mail.

Volunteer List:

Announcer – Ted Shannon
Hay Bails – Bill Hitchon
Hay Bail Covers – Brendan Keys
Flagging, marshals, lap scoring, pre-grid, & grid – PCMRC & WMRC volunteers
Track tear-down – “All” the racers

Racer and most likely source of bike:

Steve Crevier – Honda Loaner
Francis Martin – Suzuki Loaner
Clint McBain – Suzuki Loaner
Brett McCormick – his TTR125
Cody Matechuk – Suzuki Loaner
Darren James – his TTR125
Royce McLean – his TTR125
Kyle Beaton – TTR125 loaner
Bill Hitchon – his TTR125
Holly Suggitt – her TTR125
Roland James – TTR125 loaner
Paul Ludwig – TTR125 loaner
Bart Brown – TTR loaner
Peter Reid – his bike
Kimberly Reid – her CRF100
Mark Kruger – Suzuki loaner
Olivier Spillborghs – his bike
Colin Rimes – Suzuki loaner
Scott Ponick – Kawasaki loaner
Brian Ens – Kawasaki loaner
Brad Mclean – TTR125 Loaner
Brent Leubkurt – TTR125 Loaner?
Misti Hurst – Loaner ????
Oliver Jervis – Kawasaki loaner
Troy Burstyk – Honda Loaner
Randy Laurie – TTR125 loaner

This list allows for about 7 more riders, but some of the above may not be able to ride for one reason, or another. We would like to see more youth and PCMRC members if possible. Due to the young age of some of the youth already invited (11 years old) please consider this a fun and friendly weekend with little aggression at the track. Let’s just have a good time and promote the sport.

Gear is the rider’s option. The surface is pavement and due to the expected weather and partial outdoor venue, leathers would probably work best, but the speeds will be quite low, so it’s your choice. Armor is highly recommended, regardless of the rest and obviously a helmet and boots are required.

The entry fee has yet to be set, but will be in the range of $30 to $50 for the weekend. The plan is for 3 semi final races of about 10 riders each before each main with the top 3 to be invited into the final and one alternate. The complete event can only take a half hour, as that is the time slot we have. Things must go like clockwork for us to stay on schedule. There are obviously a lot of details yet to be worked out.

The race times are as follows:

Thursday - 5:30 PM
Friday - Noon & 5 PM
Saturday – 12:30 PM & 6 PM
Sunday – 12:30 PM

So please respond to Bill, Roland, and myself with questions, comments, and offers to help, or participate.

Sincerely,

Steve Dick

·
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gixxer_76 said:
Just rub it in a little harder that I have a broken leg! That would be soooo much fun!
Oh sorry there Trev' Rub! Rub! Really I am. Rub! Rub! Ha ah aah ha!

Just kidding dude. I saw you out at Tradex in the summer and you were really smoking on that Mini Motard. I'm sure you'd do well at this event if you could race in it. Just think of it as something to shoot for next year.

Oh what the hell.....Rub! Rub!

·
Fixer
1,610 Posts
i wish i had found out before tonight i was announcing. i can't make it except for saturday dammit!!!!

·
slower than ...
783 Posts
Spero did a hilarious lowside and 360 waltz with his bike before he was yanked into the hay bales. We thought he was stunting until we realized his throttle was stuck.

Running a race half outside in the rain and then inside in front of the stands was a most unusual arrangement. I am sure if some of the audience realized these guys are so nuts about racing, they never would have sat in the front row.
Very good fun:rockon

·
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was talking with the Bike Show Management and I was told several times that this was not "racing" it was a "demo" ride. I laughed and said "You guys really don't know what you're in for do you". I wouldn't be surprised if the racers are told to mellow out but I know that will work only till the flag drops.

Again Damn I want in on this!

·
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Way to go Colin. So do you race again or is that it?

·
Registered
228 Posts
NFG said:
Way to go Colin. So do you race again or is that it?

Yes i will be there , i will miss the one today @ noon , I still have an empire to run. It's bad enough i race but my wifes bad habits (ADRENALINE FREAK )are killing me!

The race times are as follows:

Thursday - 5:30 PM

Friday - Noon & 5 PM

Saturday – 12:30 PM & 6 PM

Sunday – 12:30 PM

1 - 15 of 15 Posts