BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so... prevention of bike theft?

everyone has ideas and suggestion. lets hear them.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I bolt mine to the ground. Literally.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Hmm... Red_the_Dog joined yesterday, and now wants to know how we lock up our bikes. I hope he excuses my paranoia, but I won't be describing my security system in detail for him.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Hmm... Red_the_Dog joined yesterday, and now wants to know how we lock up our bikes. I hope he excuses my paranoia, but I won't be describing my security system in detail for him.
That's not paranoia.
Theft deterrence is easily achieved.
Google.ca
Theft deterrence is easily purchased.
Motorcycle dealers, locksmiths, SPCA, vets, dog breeders, archery specialty stores, and of course, the gun smiths.
Theft deterrence is entirely individual.
Some rely on a good insurance policy, some rely on increasing the difficulty factor, some rely on concealment, such as a garage.
Theft deterrence is a personal issue, and in my view, should not be disclosed, advertised, displayed nor discussed in an open forum.
Theft deterrence is between the supplier of said deterrence, and me, the fellow whom is funding it, and my insurance company.
My $.02.
It very well may be that our new friend (after all, only 2 people on this forum have actually met me, or ridden with me) is entirely up front and trustworthy, and is asking an innocent enough question.
May I respectfully suggest, sir, the best sources of this kind of information, are the vendors that sell it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i think there was a thread like this not too long ago...people arent gonna post up their setups...
but i mean, the basics...garage..disc lock...bike boot/brace...german shepard...shotgun...alarm...insurance...

·
just having fun
4,007 Posts
Spike said:
same thought crossed my mind

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
stationary mini guns slaved to auto movement detectors.
a nest of spiked man trap pits around the parimeter.
eviscerating laser trip wires.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tattoodles said:
stationary mini guns slaved to auto movement detectors.
a nest of spiked man trap pits around the parimeter.
eviscerating laser trip wires.
lol, and a cord that connects to a stick of dynamite that is triggered when the bike moves? :D

·
Wait for me, I'm SLOW
1,224 Posts
This is what I have hovering above my garage 24 - 7 :flashy

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Attack helicopters are great, but a pair of mean dogs is a lot more fun.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have an underground powercable connected to my bike which I park outside. When the motion detector is activated, a 500 volt shot of electricity courses through the bike.

If the motion detector continues the voltage is increased to 750. By that time anyone dumb enough to not let go is no longer with us and we get to enjoy our cannibalistic roots.

Mmm. Barbecue season is starting.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
keep the bike in your living room or right by your bed

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
I love that part of the movie "Stand by Me", you know, the one with the junkyard dog, "Sick balls".

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
mikeelliot said:
The Racking of an Rem 870 is a great prevention.
And a dog.
Locked up.
No mercy for thieves.
You must be my brudda from anudda mudda...:rockon I have one of Jay's bike braces also...A MUST HAVE IMHO!

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
Spike said:
Mmmmmhmmmmmm for sure.

I love how he hasn't posted anything else since you posted this Spike. Ha

I also love how everyone just starts writing ridiculous posts about bike security and act like they're totally serious. Haha :thumbup Good Stuff

1 - 20 of 53 Posts