BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone..
Just a suggestion but here is something to think about, if you were a thief and wanted to steal bikes where would you look for possible targets but a website devoted to local bikes and it even comes with pics. For a bike thief this site is almost a shopping list of potential opportunities. We post the times and where we will be, so the bas*tards know in advance where he will find what he wants. Both the R1's that were lifted were at BP a few nights before what are the chances that whoever stole them read the post and knew that the group was going to be there, so they came by picked what they wanted and managed to follow you guys home and lifted them a few days later. Everyone should be very careful when riding home from group meets and before they park the bike especially in underground parking make a few laps of the block or a few quick turns to ensure no one followed them. You guys may think that I am just being parnoid but as someone said before there does seem to be a alot of bikes going missing lately and who knows maybe someone in the group who is going on these rides is paying extra special attention to where people live and what kind of security is being used on their bikes.

G

·
0 Posts
If I were a bike thief with access to a computer, I think this would be a good hunting ground for sure. I don't know what could be done about it though.
I sincerely feel for everyone that has had their bikes nicked lately, I know I would be gutted if it were to happen to me.

I sure hope the bastards that are doing this are NOT getting their targets from this board but if they are and they read this I can only say -
your day will come because what goes around, comes around...

:firemad :gun

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
I'm just gonna go out on a limb here and propose that NOBODY could follow digi and R1Girl home :p.. but seriously. Bike photo plus user, plus numerous references to real first name, plus place of business probably. Take me about 5 minutes to find out some people's address on this board with a few phone calls based on what I could get from posts.

Of course all this is much more work than just paying off the floor sweeper at the dealership that fixes your bike to give me your info.

I think anonymity (that a word? heh) on the board could help us all a lot, but it also breaks down the local scene feeling a fair bit. Its a tough call but maybe restrict personal info as much as you can, and get wookie to boot anybody who doesn't talk for half an hour (so they don't log a day or two of conversation then flip through it for personal info) etc etc?

I sure hope the theft slows down though, soon :(

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Well that's all sort of true.. and I hate to say it because it detracts from the value of the site.

The real truth is: Murph nailed it in that no one coulda followed them home. ;)

If we all want to live paranoid lives and never post anything about our selves, so be it.

Reality: All I need to see is your vehicle license plate and I know where you live. Anyone with any connection can run a plate check.

Now go run mine you bastards, I don't live there. ;)

J

·
0 Posts
A friendly reminder to the thieves, if you try and steal my bike make sure to invest in body armour capable of withstanding repeated shots with 7.62 NATO rounds.

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Really good point you got there. This is forum is like a library full of resources open to the thieves out there. Just be extra cautious when riding home from a group ride and really have to make sure no one is following you around. Underground parking lots aren't that safe now. Who knows maybe someone living in the same building as you turns out to be a bike thief.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts