BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike a 2002 kx125 is playin up...when i ride my bike and hammer the gas at low rpm the engine bogs and almost dies so i shut the gas off then right away gas it again and the engine picks up and operates like it should.
also today as i was running the carb dry i saw that there was cooling fluid squirting out of the rad over flow tube when i reved the engine. i took the rad cap off and the cooling system was pressurized, and the fluid was down a lot. there was also i little bit of oil floating on top of the cooling fluid. can somebody tell me what is wrong with my bike.
PLEASE HELP !!!

·
Happy Camper
2,698 Posts
Yeah, when the oil and the antifreeze get exchanged it's either one or the other seeping through the head gasket, or a break somewhere in the block between the coolant channels and the crankcase/oil galleries that's allowing contamination.

I don't know if the bogging is related. Sounds like carb problems. Too rich a mix? Air flow is impeded? Did you check your air filter?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the air filter is fine, i just cleaned and oiled it...i went to the bike shop, and talked to the mechanic and he thinks that i could be the water pump seal, because if the head gasket was blow cooling fluid would be drawn into the engine and the bike would smoke/steam a lot...what do u guys think ?
i got new pump seals and a head gasket, so i will let u know what was wrong with it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it was the head gasket for sure, but also the barrel, and clinder head as well, so time to spend so serious cash...lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the top of the barrel is pitted due to the head gaskek breaking off and smashing the inside of the engine, same thing with the head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts