BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the early 90's VFR 750's? Just wondering what would be best for my first bike. I was thinking maybe a F2 or something. Because of my height (6'7") most people say VFR's are the most comfortable. But I want something more sporty, rather than a touring bike. I know I should sit on different bikes and see how they fit but what would you recommend?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and the only motorcycle experience I have is with my 100cc dirtbike that I've had for several years. And I'm taking a course at Action soon.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
I say, buy a beater that runs (600-1000 bucks), ride the shit out of it for 3months, then sell the beater for what you paid for, then go out and buy the new or used bike that you want/like....

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
My opinion would be go for the VFR. Being your size, it may suit you a bit more than an F2. It may be easier for you to learn on this bike because of the more upright seating position. Once you've ridden for awhile then look at something sportier. I think that your skills would improve alot quicker if you were comfortable on your first bike. Once you've ridden for awhile, you'll be able to better judge what feels good.

atom

Heres a '92...

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
It's the rider not the bike. The VFR is a fine bike and if you're looking for an early one the price won't be too outlandish. That's still a LOT of power for a new rider. And just to compound the problem VFR's are so silky smooth and speed along so effortlessly that you can easily find yourself going WAY faster than the speedo in your brain says you're going.

Are they sporty enough? Well Freddie Spencer uses one in his racing school to sneak up on the other students on all out sportbikes and after watching then for a few seconds or a couple of corners he just passes them and goes on to the next student. That fast enough for you?

The VFR has gotten a rep as a sport touring bike but believe me the one I test rode did not have much "touring" in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts