BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reard this> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22938-2002May2.html

A similar turf battle in Canada between the Hells Angels and rival gangs has taken more than 100 lives over the past decade, Katz said. In Scandinavia, the Hells Angels and the Bandidos have fought it out with guns and high-tech weapons, including rocket launchers.

even Using rocket launchers now.......??? :confused

D

·
0 Posts
i like how the article makes it sound like the 10 year old biker war in quebec is a copy of a 7 month old war in the states. good ol american reporting.

C

·
0 Posts
Few years ago in Finland, I guess Bandidos fired a bazooka to Angels clubhouse. Nobody got killed though. And that's because they did the attack in the middle of night whenn there were nobody inside + they only had a practise bazooka. Which means it made a hole in the wall but didn't explode as heavily as fully armed one. There were also few on street shootings. And carbombs. But last two or three years have beeen quieter as all the bad guys are either dead or in prison.

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Kind of related but on the topic of the Hells Angles

I read a biography about "Sonny Barger" the guy who started the Hells Angles, maybe you guys have seen him he has to talk through a voice box because he has a hole in his throat from smoking. Anyway in one part of the book he talked about how wished the Angles had rode Jap bikes but they just didn't fit into the whole "rebel image". I was suprised to read how he mentioned the build quality of Jap bikes we're way better quality then Harleys, not that it isn't true but was interesting seeing it come out of the mouth of someone like that.

M

·
0 Posts
Quasi said:

I was suprised to read how he mentioned the build quality of Jap bikes we're way better quality then Harleys, not that it isn't true but was interesting seeing it come out of the mouth of someone like that.
I believe that would have been coming out of his throat, actually. :)

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
mikey_zx6r said:

I believe that would have been coming out of his throat, actually. :)
:laughing :laughing Ya I guess you right :)

B

·
0 Posts
Quasi said:

I read a biography about "Sonny Barger" the guy who started the Hells Angles, maybe you guys have seen him he has to talk through a voice box because he has a hole in his throat from smoking. Anyway in one part of the book he talked about how wished the Angles had rode Jap bikes but they just didn't fit into the whole "rebel image". I was suprised to read how he mentioned the build quality of Jap bikes we're way better quality then Harleys, not that it isn't true but was interesting seeing it come out of the mouth of someone like that.
there's a couple other good angels books you might wanna check out written by a canadaian author (who actually got beat by a group of them near the end of writing his first book)...he basically tagged along with them following them on rides etc. for a year or so

i've read them all, just cant remember his name at the moment

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
blazinr6 said:

there's a couple other good angels books you might wanna check out written by a canadaian author (who actually got beat by a group of them near the end of writing his first book)...he basically tagged along with them following them on rides etc. for a year or so

i've read them all, just cant remember his name at the moment
Ya I know who your talking about and I can't remember the name right now either. Those are good books, I have a huge amount of true crime books including all those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts