BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we're riding out in the backroads of Mission today (Dallas, Enger and myself), taking it easy, enjoying the scenery etc.

As we are crossing over from Sylvester towards Stave Lake we come to a T-intersection and as I'm coming to a stop there are screaching brakes and a cruiser comes flying in from the right, both wheels locked up and weaving back and forth. He must have had them both locked up for well over 20 feet and finally he loses it, the bike ends up on it's side (crushing his leg) but somehow rights itself and travels down the road at about 20 - 30 km/h.

It dissapears over the next crest down the road (at least 75 - 100 meters ). I've never seen anything like it! :eek

Rider was hurt but ok and we made sure an ambulance got called and he was stabilize to keep him as comfortable as possible. Definately some road rash (no leathers or nylon gear of any kind) and a busted up leg.

I must say that 1) I'm glad I took my first aid and 2) seeing that bike travel down the road on its own was really damn freaky. Luckily traffic was light and we saw later when we left that it had run off the road and didn't hit any other traffic.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Glad you were there to help out.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
That sucks about the rider...on the babes note:

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
I got rear ended once. Flew up and did a backwards summersault over my tail light. For a moment I thought I could steer with my feet. The bike shot out from under me and travelled for 20 meters without a rider up on two wheels. I landed from the summersault on my feet with the front bumper of the car that hit me touching the backs of my knees.

A semi-trailer came to a screeching halt with the driver yelling at me asking if I was okay. I just stood there amazed that I landed on my feet and was uninjured. Until the next morning. Then I felt it.

Oh yeah, this thread is useless without pictures of babes.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you would have turned left at the T-intersection a few minutes earlier, you guys would have been cruisin along and out of nowhere, this riderless bike would have been cruisin past ya, now that would have been pretty trippy. Good to hear the rider will be ok.

·
Juicy
146 Posts
It was scary to see let me tell ya! Hopefully he will have a good recovery!

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Tattoodles said:
I got rear ended once. Flew up and did a backwards summersault over my tail light. For a moment I thought I could steer with my feet. The bike shot out from under me and travelled for 20 meters without a rider up on two wheels. I landed from the summersault on my feet with the front bumper of the car that hit me touching the backs of my knees.

A semi-trailer came to a screeching halt with the driver yelling at me asking if I was okay. I just stood there amazed that I landed on my feet and was uninjured. Until the next morning. Then I felt it.

Oh yeah, this thread is useless without pictures of babes.
Dude ... you got one halla story to tell your grandkids. Problem is, that as soon as you do tell them they will think you have become senile/delusional. :laughing

Seriouslly though, getting hit and landing on ones feet must have felt amaising.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
So what was it that had this cruiser guy so befuddled that he locked it up and dumped it like this?

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TeeTee said:
So what was it that had this cruiser guy so befuddled that he locked it up and dumped it like this?
*shrug*

I tried to keep my post factual, so how about "He seemed to initiate his breaking a touch too late". That's about as gentle as I can put that....

·
The Band-Aid Bike
212 Posts
yes roger, you should have come out. you could have had bjorn as a slave for a day too. he was great and responded well!
"bjorn, hold this."
"bjorn, take a picture."
"bjorn, i'm hungry"
"bjorn, move my bike for me"
"bjorn, i need to pee again"
"bjorn, u must learn to keep up on the bike if you want to come out again"

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
On the 3rd pic she looks like that creepy kid from Grudge.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
TeeTee said:

Obviously he saw the babes and lost control of all motor functions :laughing

I'll see ya next time Bjorn.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts