BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

biking shorts?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  derekmcl 
#1 ·
So.. ive been venturing farther and farther out and ive noticed one thing.. after about 500 km's, my ass hurting...

Those that know me or have seen me may have gathered me and my bike are a match made in hell when the devil was having a bad day..

Now im wondering if there are products to counter act this problem..

#4 ·
5500km road trip on a rsv4 with forcefield under pants without any issues. if you decide to wear actual riding pants over them :)

#7 ·
well played. ;) what are riding pants? it's a good day if i'm not wearing shorts.

but yeah my seat consists of carbon fiber and about 20mm of foam padding.. so not a lot there. and not a lot of options as far as having the seat done to something more comfortable..

yeah my usual riding attire is a set of carhartts... so somewhere between textiles and jeans.

#5 ·
Bicycle shorts are one option. They're typically seamless and offer a bit of extra padding. A bonus of these items is there wicking ability to remove moisture from your skin. An equivalent option is monkey butt powder among other options.

If you want a more-permanent solution for extra padding there are seat pads and a variety of additions that put air space between your seat and your seat. Or have your actual seat customized.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-115941.html

If you utilize a custom seat you shouldn't need extra padding. There may be unpadded options for seamless underwear. One popular options is LDcomfort.

ldcomfort.com

#6 ·
SAXX underwear.........they work VERY well at keeping your junk unstuck from your legs etc...........that, and a visit from the Monkey. I did 5 days in Oregon last month, Monkeyed up every morning except one, and man did I pay for that day off.

Also, there is a BIG difference in how long your ass lasts based on what you wear. Jeans...........sore ass in a couple hours. Textile pants, maybe 3-4 hours. Leathers..........8-10 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.