BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Well ...its approaching that time of year when the whales decide to set the markets on fire, pumping those coins accumulated over previous months from disillusioned sellers. Will the fire be as hot as last winter? I doubt it but It's a winter tradition just like Xmas ...

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
There was a nice pump on RVN that started few weeks ago. Went from 2c to 9c a coin. Price now down to ~6c. Hoping it keeps going down so that I can add more. In terms of overall market, I dont think it will be anywhere as crazy as last year. All the coins are down a lot since this time last year, so no amount of pumping will get them anywhere close to what they were worth a year ago.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,783 Posts
2017 bubble was certainly a good one, but the next one likely won't be until actual use & utility is fleshed out. There will certainly be some action around the next BTC halvening, and perhaps another spike as eth goes into proof-of-stake.

What onramp are you using these days? Both my standard banks were major players in the Canadian bank anti-crypto cartel (TD, RBC, BMO, many others banded together to say: "sorry, we're just not going to let you invest your money into that") - Motherfuckers, this is WHY crypto exists, I will not accept 3rd party authority over MY financial stack. Thanks though, bigbro

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Major banks are coming down on crypto. Best go with Credit Unions. Quadriga in Vancouver is fighting with CIBC over millions of dollars they have frozen. Bitstamp is having issues with not processing withdrawals and some deposits. Its the fiat to crypto and vice versa that can wipe out cryptocurrencies and the banks are slowly catching on.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
It's interesting to see that while banks are trying to kill as much of crypto world they can (no surprise), that Nasdaq is exploring and seriously considering going into security tokens. I guess they realized this is the real deal, and want to get in on the action before it is too late. They are in talk with Symbiont (new blockchain startup) to create a platform for them. NYSE is working on their platform as well with another company. It will be fun times in crypto world in next few years. Sure, there will be shitcoins, and a lot of pumping and money lost/money gained, but some very interesting projects out there for sure as well

·
Registered Luser
2,111 Posts
So, who took a pounding? *Maybe I will finally figure out how to buy monero . Haha

Stupid bitcoin cash. *Big surprise the failed forkers forked themselves again.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The bitcoin clone crews are definitely responsible. Mostly Wright the idiot behind sv. He was threatening dire consequences before the fork. I guess there is some substance behind the blowhard.

Interesting days ahead. I would like to pickup some coin but who knows if we revisit 2 grand or lower.

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
The Real Reason Behind Bitcoin’s Price Crash Revealed –
By
Andreas Kaplan -
Nov 24, 2018

Bitcoin investors in the United States are selling off their crypto to pay off capital gain tax.

First-time investors in Bitcoin are faced with large capital gain taxes from the profit they made in 2017. Reports show that they are now selling off quickly before they file their April taxes.

You’ll recall that the IRS made an announcement in 2014 that cryptocurrencies are defined as property and not currency.

The CEO of ARK Invest said in a quote:

“Those who have never paid taxes before are shocked. Many people gained a lot from cryptocurrency last year but currently, do not have enough cryptocurrency to pay taxes for their last year’s gains.”

Also, the founder of OnlineTaxman.com, Vincenzo Villamena said that people have realized that they are stuck with large tax bills. They are either preparing to pay or selling off the cryptocurrency.

How Does Selling Off Cryptocurrency Help People Avoid Paying Huge Taxes?

If an individual buy and sells Bitcoin within the same year, the person will be taxed on short-term capital gains which can be as high as 39% depending on the tax bracket.

Airdrops and Bitcoin mining are also being taxed. However, they are taxed as ordinary income, and so the rate depends on the Individual’s tax bracket. However, when a person holds on to Bitcoin for more than a year before selling, it will only be liable for what the IRS refers to as long-term capital gains. The rate for this kind of tax is significantly lower from about 15 to. 23.8%.

At the same time, Google announced banning all cryptocurrency related ads pushing Bitcoin prices to an all month low. The volatile cryptocurrency fell by $500 within a six-hour space. This isn’t a surprise since cryptocurrencies are highly susceptible to troughs in values and spikes.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
The events and timing suggest other factors at play. 99% manipulation in the bitcoin world. Huge sell off like this is not about the tax man.

·
Registered
8,650 Posts
The events and timing suggest other factors at play. 99% manipulation in the bitcoin world. Huge sell off like this is not about the tax man.
purely copy / paste.. i'm sure there's more going on :thumbup

figured it contained some relevant information.

·
Posing with conviction
5,378 Posts
The Real Reason Behind Bitcoin’s Price Crash Revealed –
By
Andreas Kaplan -
Nov 24, 2018

Bitcoin investors in the United States are selling off their crypto to pay off capital gain tax.

First-time investors in Bitcoin are faced with large capital gain taxes from the profit they made in 2017. Reports show that they are now selling off quickly before they file their April taxes
A good portion of the stock market has gone into hiding over the past month or so. High Tech is the most obvious stock play that has gone in this direction. It is not just for the reason stated above.

Once people who are on the Bitcoin train just start using the trading methodology of "regular" stocks, they might fare better with volatility. See bitcoin as just another stock in their diversified portfolio. Take profits from your winnings, don't be greedy, buy when you think you are near bottom, do it in stages cuz no one can anticipate true bottom, etc, etc.

·
Registered Luser
2,111 Posts
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/world-news/cryptocurrency/central-banks-looking-at-creating-their-own-cryptocurrencies/

COMMENT: Mr. Armstrong; I just wanted to write to say thank you. You saved my marriage. My wife insisted I listen to you because you were right and got me out of gold. You also got me out of Bitcoin and I cannot thank you enough. These crazy people were touting a new age of knowledge and Bitcoin was going to kill the dollar and become the new reserve currency. Then one real nut said it was going to $250,000. You are right. When something spikes up like that, it grabs the emotions and you lose everything.

PF

ANSWER: There was no possible way governments would EVER hand over such power to Bitcoin. These people have no clue about the age of knowledge, for they are trapped in the age of stupidity. A monthly closing below 2950 will confirm the long-term trend is turning down. A year-end closing below 4150 will point to a drop back to 775 area. It was a trading vehicle – not an investment class for the long-term. With the IMF telling all central banks to create their own cryptocurrency and the introduction of Blockchain in experimenting with tax collection, we face a very different future due to technology. However, it will not be a world of free-market cryptos that bring governments to their knees.
Was that a study in economics or a Savage Love article?

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,783 Posts
#1 rule of crypto: not your keys, not your coins.

QCX did get pretty sketchy early/mid 2018. The international banking cartels banding together out of the 2017 g20 with the expressed desire to 'tame bitcoin' certainly didn't help the situation.
When withdrawls started taking 2+ weeks. then 3+ months. that's ... a really, really bad sign, so I personally stopped using Quadriga around 2018/02 when they started emphasizing "quadriga bucks" as the asset you're selling for instead of CAD. yeap, nope nope nope.

And well, now the whole things unravelled in spectacular fashion. Highly dubious 'death' of the founder, lost keys, improper practices, "no cold storage to speak of", gambling with user submitted funds... yea, did I mention how fun the 'wild wild west' of crypto can be? :p

buy the dip! ;p

81 - 100 of 144 Posts