BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
I thought it was all cold storage but with one guy holding all the keys.

Anyway, I remember people telling me that quadriga was all legit. *Can’t be scammy. *It’s Canadian. Don’t worry about it guy.

What isn’t really clear from the news is how much of the money is for sure missing and how much is unknown or inaccessible. * *

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I haven't dealt with them for years. Whenever I did, there were never any issues. I feel bad for recommending them in the past. There wasn't much to choose from for a Canadian exchange. Quad simply did not have enough liquidity.

I'm using Kraken these days. You can fund/withdraw CAD easily. The most secure exchange going if you use their options to lock it down.

If they don't have proof of body you can be sure its an exit scam. Money will buy anything in India even a death certificate and fake cremation.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,806 Posts
Yea, Quad seemed pretty trustworthy circa 2015-2017, with very timely deposits and quick withdrawls, never had any issues.... so yea, I recommended them too. They were the best option at the time, hands down. That all changed once the banks started blocking the onramps, and holding deposits and withdrawls for anything even loosely related to crypto. (not just QCX).
...meanwhile, the banks are still advertising for 'blockchain engineers' on their corporate sites, and submitting 'blockchain' based patents. Shady fuckers all around!

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
. That all changed once the banks started blocking the onramps, and holding deposits and withdrawls for anything even loosely related to crypto. (not just QCX).
...meanwhile, the banks are still advertising for 'blockchain engineers' on their corporate sites, and submitting 'blockchain' based patents. Shady fuckers all around!
Not to be a shill for corpo-national bank assholes clearing 3 billion a quarter and employing pretty much nobody, but in this lonely case, seems like they probably did the right thing in not facilitating a crypto Ponzi scheme.*

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yep, crypto is the wild west in the gold rush days. Lots of money and gold floating around. Old Bill Miner hiding around every corner to take it away from you.

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
Ha, if anything this makes me more confident in tether. *I always just assumed that there was no real money there and it was a big exit scam. *If the AG actually had something to seize, i’m duly impressed.

Btc is gonna be just fine. *Interesting that trading volume is almost back to value peak levels. * I think 8-9k usd is gonna be the new normal pretty soon. *

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,806 Posts
this is old news already, <24hrs, that's like an eon in crypto-land.

so... where's the dip? i was assured there would be a BIG dip!

...at least tether can *finally* fuck right off and die - GOOD - getting that FUD cleared off the launchpad is an important stepping stone for prepping the next run

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
Once people who are on the Bitcoin train just start using the trading methodology of "regular" stocks, they might fare better with volatility. See bitcoin as just another stock in their diversified portfolio. Take profits from your winnings, don't be greedy, buy when you think you are near bottom, do it in stages cuz no one can anticipate true bottom, etc, etc.
:thumbup

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
People are still buying cryptocurrency thinking it's an investment instead of gambling?
Erm no. *It literally is gambling. *It’s a bet on crypto being better money than it’s currently valued at. *There are no fundamentals. *It’s all blue sky. *I thought u were a financial guru type.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,806 Posts
People are still buying cryptocurrency thinking it's an investment instead of gambling?
have you seen what the U.S. administration has done with their debt? Printing money like it's Venezuela! Then giving it all to the 'masters'!

ever had to deal with 'banker hours' ? long lineups with one lazy teller taking 5 minute breaks in between 'helping' customers?

ever had a bank step in block/deny a perfectly legal financial transaction, telling you how you're allowed to spend THEIR money?

Yea. fuck all that.

no faith, no trust. verify.

... I'm not buying crytpo - I'm selling fiat.

and this has proved a preposterously profitable perspective.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,806 Posts
"be your own bank"

sure

give me all YOUR money, I'll keep it safe -- TRUST ME!

<service unavailable>

closed on weekends, and weekdays outside of the hours of 12-2pm
5% surcharge on all transactions and withdrawls.
don't forget to tip the teller!

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
Sooo by extension then you are like a bank or the government now by making money off of this?:coffee
^i think that’s the point, or the fantasy. *A government of one. *

have you seen what the U.S. administration has done with their debt? Printing money like it's Venezuela! Then giving it all to the 'masters'!...
...preposterously profitable perspective.
And yet they haven’t really managed to devalue it. *Not compared to a piece of gold or a chunk of steel.
Guess US fiat was undervalued too. *

PPP should be added to the crypto-nerd dictionary.*

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
And I’ve just punched myself in the Johnson for calling it correctly and doing nothing...again.
We never know how low or high this shit will go. I did pick up some cheap ltc, bch, and some notsocheap btc. I dumped my stash of free bsv when exchanges started blacklisting it. I expect to make the best money on bch as much of mine was free. I wished I had bought more btc under $3500 but I was waiting for further lows ....damn.
I'm still confident we will see more extremes in years to come pricewise.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
If you bought btc a week ago, you doubled up your investment. I am just having fun mining rvn, and waiting for it to moon in few years (I can only hope it does haha) So far I covered all my expenses, so it's all gravy from here on out.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,806 Posts
DCA boys, DCA. "i've been buying this whooooole damn time"

shoutout to the o.g. BEST THREAD EVER POSTED TO BCSB, of all places, that elevated the idea enough to convince me - after defending it for several pages -- that the idea was important enough to jump in and participate.
And here ya'll just wanted to talk about bikes! lol

101 - 120 of 144 Posts