BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
DCA boys, DCA. "i've been buying this whooooole damn time"

shoutout to the o.g. BEST THREAD EVER POSTED TO BCSB, of all places, that elevated the idea enough to convince me - after defending it for several pages -- that the idea was important enough to jump in and participate.
And here ya'll just wanted to talk about bikes! lol
I'm honoured. It's been 5 years DNA and we did good bud. Hope you make another mil this time around.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Not me(should have). DNA is the millionare.
Wait a minute. The avowed anarchist, anti-authority, fight the man DNA *became a millionaire thru currency trading?

Now that’s ironic!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not me. I'm just a cog in the wheels of society. Work for the man to pay taxes to the man......and I'm good with that.

I like reading this thread (which hurts my head a little) and day dream about easy money. Then I head off to work. Lol.

To me it's like the lotto. I like to think about what I'd do with all that money, but in reality I don't even play. *

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,806 Posts
whoa whoa whoa, settle down guys... i said "buying" this whole time... not "selling", lol. Sure, i made a few bucks... but... still far from retirement proper ;p
... Maybe on the next moonshot run up ;p

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
so, facecoin eh? I'm going to tentatively say that this is brilliant, and facebook is going to murder the global payment market.
I'm thinking that the only reason wechat didn't beat them to the punch is that the Chinese government hates cryptos.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Zuk trying to get into the easy crypto money. Looks like he's got paypal and visa onboard. Costs them squat to make a coin. Get peeps to buy them @ 1 buck each. 2 billion faceass users. It's a friggen cash grab like we've never seen before.

It's not like faceass has a lot of credibility either considering recent scandals. I wouldn't want those pricks involved in my finances but people have short or selective memories.

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
You see the hydra that is the libra “non-profit” (hahaha...ha)*

*I think we’ve moved past e-Corp and onto that corporation from the aliens movies.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,806 Posts
FaceCoin aims to be a 'stable coin', tied to a 'bucket of fiat currencies'... which in turn... is really backed by 'nothing', so you're probably not going to get quickrich by nabbing up a bunch of FaceCoin. Ya just can't have mom+pop losing 90% of their legit-e-business value overnight.

But what it will do is automatically onboard b-b-b-b-billions of users to the idea of digital currency, getting them used to&comfortable with the idea of direct p2p payments.

Of course there will (inevitably) be hacks. And privacy violations. "social" shutdowns. Once FB starts stepping in and determining who-can-send-how-much-to-whom-and-how-often, denying payments they deem 'negatively political' (and they WILL do this), then perhaps the unwashed masses may finally awaken to the real benefits of a nationless, stateless, sovereign digital currency, ala ~bitcoin~

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts
Well I would hope they would do all that stuff. *I don’t think many people want to buy into nazicoin or iranistanayellowcake coin. *

I can foresee some interesting discussions about what goes in the old fiat chum bucket. *
Can’t imagine the Americans, who are going to be de facto in charge of libra, are going to want it helping to prop up the ruble or whatever.*

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
FaceCoin aims to be a 'stable coin', tied to a 'bucket of fiat currencies'... which in turn... is really backed by 'nothing', so you're probably not going to get quickrich by nabbing up a bunch of FaceCoin. Ya just can't have mom+pop losing 90% of their legit-e-business value overnight.

But what it will do is automatically onboard b-b-b-b-billions of users to the idea of digital currency, getting them used to&comfortable with the idea of direct p2p payments.

Of course there will (inevitably) be hacks. And privacy violations. "social" shutdowns. Once FB starts stepping in and determining who-can-send-how-much-to-whom-and-how-often, denying payments they deem 'negatively political' (and they WILL do this), then perhaps the unwashed masses may finally awaken to the real benefits of a nationless, stateless, sovereign digital currency, ala ~bitcoin~
I have a (crypto) friend who says the same. You and him have a better understanding of the bigger picture than I. My initial concern was the possible threat to my beloved bitcoin. Plus I really do detest faceass. I like Adam's reference to the corporation in Alien.

I've also learned faceass is going to sell investment tokens to the elite. Investment tokens aka ICO aka cash grab. Getting stinkier by the day.

In other news; russia is adopting some framework for digital currencies but NOT faceass coin. Btc is already reacting to the news. Ripple and moneygram have forged a 50 mil dollar partnership. Huge upside for ripples xrp.

Happy trading!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts

Have to agree on all of this, other than the last part about BTC being "nationless, stateless, sovereign digital currency" It has gone slowly away from that unfortunately, as it got more popular and once it took off. Good to see it broke $10K once again, as it means other altcoins are going down in price, so great time to add to some bags.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Sweet baby Jesus, BTC is going insane. It was at $13.5K US earlier today, hovering around $12.8K US currently. That is one hell of a pump. Now lets see how long it stays before it tapers off once again.

121 - 140 of 144 Posts