BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called BK this morning and spoke to Brian. Asked him if I could get a tire and if they could put it on if I left the wheel. You would have thought 'd asked him for his first born and naked pics of his wife. Talk about arrogant. If he'd said no, thet's okay, but it sounded like he was doing me a favour even selling the damn tire to me in the first place.....and we hadn't even discussed price. I'm not used to that sort of behaviour from BK and I was shocked, but I was damned if I was going to buy a f***ing tire there after that. So I went to Holeshot and was treated like a customer should be. At that point I didn't care about the price, just the service. It's my first time at Holeshot for anything major, but they did a fine job today.
I know Trevor wouldn't have treated me that way, nor would Manny or Ron, but Brian should beware, we may love BK today, but he should remember which side his bread is buttered.:firemad

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I still haven't gotton any word as to when my leathers are due in. I ordered them 2 weeks before the Daytona race. They didn't even order them until a week after the race.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I tell you, all it takes is a few really bad experiences with any one shop and people to post it up on this site and I quite honestly think there going to lose business because of it. Word of mouth is the only thing a lot of people have to go by, and this forum creates a much larger mouth.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
That's too bad...I think you're right though Lloyd; Trevor, Manny or Ron wouldn't have treated you that way...hopefully. Jeez, you've just been jerked around a couple times about this damn rear tyre. First Advanced Cycle then BK. Glad you were able to get some good service at Holeshot. What did you end up getting ? Another D207?

C

·
0 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
i dont like the fact that BK dont take interac.... grrr :(
i know man! dont u htink with teh money they make they would be able to offer this service... no big deal though i guess.

B

·
0 Posts
i had a bad experience there last week too!!! after hearing all the praises guys on this board have been giving them i thought i'd try them out as i was looking for a new helmet...the first day i went to browse i dealt with trevor and he was great however, the next day i went back with the intentions of buying the suomy and dealt with brian...he acted as though he didnt give a shit about my business and didnt even want to go to the back to check for my size...after that we talked price and he wouldnt move a dollar(which is ok) but he had the nerve to say he was sick of kids with their Action cards asking for a discount!!! isn't that what the cards are for??????:firemad

i know all you guys love BK, but they arent as great as i heard they were...i even mentioned that guys are here thought they were the best shop around...i spoke too soon:mad

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems like Brian is the problem. I've got nothing but praise for everyone else. Does he own the store?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Harps said:
That's too bad...I think you're right though Lloyd; Trevor, Manny or Ron wouldn't have treated you that way...hopefully. Jeez, you've just been jerked around a couple times about this damn rear tyre. First Advanced Cycle then BK. Glad you were able to get some good service at Holeshot. What did you end up getting ? Another D207?
Yep, I got a D207 because it's the same as the front and I have no bad words for Dunlops on the bikes I've had them on. I've got no bad words for Bridgestone either, but I only ever had one bike on 'Stones and it's really tough to tell. Paid $219.00 inluding mounting for the tire. Is that about right, people?

·
Veritas Aequitas
340 Posts
that's too bad about all these problems at bk.. we've just started dealing with them and i have mixed reviews.

we went to pick up the parts we ordered and only half were in. so we said no biggie, we'll come back, but call us when the ARE in cause we're coming from abbotsford. so they called, we went out.. and only 1 of the 2 remaining parts again. should be picking up the last part today (after 3 weeks of trying).

on the other hand, trevor has been GREAT helping me find gloves, boots & my helmet.

i haven't lost faith yet - but i do think i'll ask for trevor in future especially after hearing what you all have to say and hopefully all will be "tickety-boo".

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
I've never seen a decent price there (BK) and the fact I come in wearing blue/white excludes me from any decent service. Bike ownership is too territorial I find. Who cares if I ride a Suzook, sell me a damn helmet for a bit cheaper than it is 10 minutes away or I'm leaving the store.

B

·
0 Posts
cosworth said:
I've never seen a decent price there (BK) and the fact I come in wearing blue/white excludes me from any decent service. Bike ownership is too territorial I find. Who cares if I ride a Suzook, sell me a damn helmet for a bit cheaper than it is 10 minutes away or I'm leaving the store.
funny you mention that because i never thought of that factoring in...he asked what bike i rode and said they didnt have any helmets that would match an R6 (jokingly)...cosworth, i had just come from buying it (suomy) when i ran into you and doug outside joey tomatos...was good to meet you guys and that pocketbike stuff looks like fun!

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
luckiechickie said:

... and they still use the swipe things for visa!!
:laughing :laughing looks like BK is still in the stoneage, much like the bikes that they sell :laughing :laughing

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

:laughing :laughing looks like BK is still in the stoneage, much like the bikes that they sell :laughing :laughing
Seriously though, have you seen there computer system? They can't even get on the web. I think it runs Dos v3.3.

It's sad. I'm all for keeping costs down to save the customer a buck or two.. but it's been 13 frickin' years since that operating system came out! :D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
ummm regarding the computer systems, they have other computers, in the office just becasue it's not out in the open doesn't mean they are in the stonage....the website is run internally and all the folks have daily access to email.

Regarding the interac, yes it is a minor sore, but then I pay for everything with Visa, I time all my major purchases so that I get 2 months without paying for them.....

Regarding Brian, I haven't had a bad time with him as yet.

I have though sent a link of this thread to Trevor, hopefully some sort of corrective measures will take place, will go by personally tomorrow or day after.

I love these guys a lot, and yet the reality of the situation cannot be changed; lloyd was not treated properly and people are still waiting for parts, myself included.

i hope to provide an update on the situation soon.....

·
Registered
872 Posts
Welp, with the stuff I read, I wont be stepping into BK, and I will be discouraging my buddy from buying his zx6r from them...

Randel at RMS offered him the same deal and randel is much nicer and cool to talk to from what I have read here.

Also I will have to commend Dave Forward at Carter Honda downtown. He's the friendliest saleman I have ever met and offered me a great deal on a spyke jacket. All my friends that have gone to talk to him or purchase have all been impressed with his cool attitude.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
jonathan said:
Welp, with the stuff I read, I wont be stepping into BK, and I will be discouraging my buddy from buying his zx6r from them...

Randel at RMS offered him the same deal and randel is much nicer and cool to talk to from what I have read here.

Also I will have to commend Dave Forward at Carter Honda downtown. He's the friendliest saleman I have ever met and offered me a great deal on a spyke jacket. All my friends that have gone to talk to him or purchase have all been impressed with his cool attitude.
I haven't had any problems at RMS, they are straight forward with me. bike prices are on par with everybody else, but the accessories, i'll order online thankyou :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.