BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
yorkshire sheep shagger
Joined
·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF is going on. I head out for a ride with my son on Saturday to Harrison, he just passed his knowledge test, so its a real nice slow one, he picks up a nail in his rear tire, near the water fountain on the hill...big pain in the arse.
Sunday I head out with my buddy, much, much faster ride...end up at a Chilliwack gas station, when I notice a nice nail head buried in my rear tire....
big pain in the arse.
This morning Im riding to work with above said buddy, I'm on the 12, he's on his CBR Repsol, were hitting about 200km on the AF bridge (5:15am empty road) when he suddenly slows right down & pulls over, big fuckin nail in his rear tire....fuckit I'm just going to ride in the rims from now on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,614 Posts
I was having similar luck at the beginning of last season. Thanks for picking up all the nails for me this time. :D
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
We went for a burn last night and we wound up with 2 flat tires hmmmm gremlins maybe??
 

·
Cafe style Racer
Joined
·
138 Posts
I hear your pain!

mark said:
WTF is going on. I head out for a ride with my son on Saturday to Harrison, he just passed his knowledge test, so its a real nice slow one, he picks up a nail in his rear tire, near the water fountain on the hill...big pain in the arse.
Sunday I head out with my buddy, much, much faster ride...end up at a Chilliwack gas station, when I notice a nice nail head buried in my rear tire....
big pain in the arse.
This morning Im riding to work with above said buddy, I'm on the 12, he's on his CBR Repsol, were hitting about 200km on the AF bridge (5:15am empty road) when he suddenly slows right down & pulls over, big fuckin nail in his rear tire....fuckit I'm just going to ride in the rims from now on.

I was riding back from a great first ride on my brand new 06 R1...put about 500 kms on the bike.....the day after i picked it up. Heading down Hwy 1 towards Van. same damn thing, nail in the rear tire.....it was a Sun night about 6 pm, obviously no shops open to get it fixed. Had to get it towed home....totally shitty way to end a great first ride of the season!
 

·
yorkshire sheep shagger
Joined
·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its the shits...I'm starting to get paranoid....like some asshole is driving around ditching nails out the side window of their dodge caravan..... The othe problem is the cost, I refuse to plug sportbike tires (to get home only) so its expensive, especially if the ficken thing only has 500k on it....On the bright side my rear was just about shagged, in fact I had just oredered another 2 days before I got "nailed"
 

·
yorkshire sheep shagger
Joined
·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GunMetal said:
So you guys dont recomend plugging a sport bike tire????
Its just my preference, at anything over 200Kph I presonally don't want no plug in there....a rear spotbike tire takes enough stick when its in good shape, never mind when its plugged. I do know guys who plug em, but its not for me.
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
GunMetal said:
So you guys dont recomend plugging a sport bike tire????
a PROPERLY plugged tire will be good...not as good as before but i mean, it's good enough...
if you don't do it properly... ... let's not go there
 

·
Mmm...beer
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
Can you do the same with a sportbike tire as with car tires? By that I mean an inner patch?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
yes but i belive if you are getting it done you have to pay to mount the tires and get the patch done which i think is going to cost you enough $$$ so you are looking at a bunch of money spent on a used tire i would say buy a new one if you are worried ...
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I plug my tires when I get nails in them. It is a good way to get you home and just cause you have a bike capable of doing 200+ does not meen you have to go 200+. So if you have a plug in your tire slow down a bit. The plug kit I bought even comes with 4 CO2 cartridges. Good for filling up the rear tire. My 2 cents
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
waypastfast said:
The plug kit I bought even comes with 4 CO2 cartridges. Good for filling up the rear tire. My 2 cents
Waypastfast,

Where did you get it and how much? Thanks
 

·
Still defying gravity...
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
ninja911 said:
Waypastfast,

Where did you get it and how much? Thanks

Got mine at John Valk (from Rusty in service/parts in the back lane) - 3 cartridges w/ plugs etc for $30 or $40. There may be better deals out there, but I needed one in a hurry before a long ride and I was passing by Valks...
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I got mine for like a hundred bucks, and it comes with a bunch of different sizes of mushroom plugs. I have put them in and forgot about them and have never had a proble. I bought mine from a friend, PM me and I will get my friend to call you
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top