BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I recently bought a motorcycle and am planning on learning in the spring

I bought a used bike that came with some mods done by the previous owner including headlights with blue running lights. The original owner said he never got in trouble but the bike has almost no km and he only rode during the day so he never really had a chance to

I've asked numerous police and they've all said "I dont know"

I was wondering if anyone can share a similar experience or cite a part of the MVA that makes them illegal?

Please don't say "I don't know but probably not" - I've heard that too many times; please cite something or share first-hand experience

I have the original headlight but the wiring looks like a nightmare and the aftermarket ones look sick

Note: Halo style lights. Blue is only on the halos, the actual headlights are white.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You will be asked to remove the blue lights. Anything remotely police-like will be viewed as "impersonation of a police officer".

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,294 Posts
Drive around downtown Vancouver for a couple hours this summer and the local cops will be more than happy to share the specific MVA number... on a blue paper written up just for you.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,834 Posts
Simple workaround. You see a cop in front of you, -just wheelie past him, he won't even notice the lights.

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
Not legal. White or amber to the front, red or amber to the rear. Dig thru the MVA if you want but the charge would include the words "Unauthorized Lamps".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts