BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So enlighten us on your journey..

Maybe not a novel.. but I'm sure you had some highlights..

B

·
0 Posts
okay...... so i'm in Vegas....it's the last night...i just learned how to play craps....won a bunch and then lost even more .....
and it's still early. Too early for Vegas anyways.. so i figure i'll check out a strip club. Just for the whole "Vegas Experience", you know?
So i remember a bill board i had seen about one full nudity club the just happened to be about a block from my hotel (Circus Circus $44 /night, you can't beat that!). I'll omit the name, but the feature dancer at this club tonight is a Playboy playmate....
it was pretty empty and i was in the second row so she noticed me in the crowd....waves me over to front row right by the pole.....
and pulls me in close...... starts rubbing my head (shaved head for all who haven't met me) and then wedges it between her knees (yes, only her knees) and starts dancing a bit....
tee hee.... it made my "Vegas Experience" all right...
not usually into that kinda stuff but heck, the that's why they call it the "Sin City" i guess.

As for bike stories....

B

·
0 Posts
A friendly bike story

So my buddy and I are on the Redwood Highway just a couple of hours into California along the coast, and the highway takes a turn inland. This highway is amazing but in a different way than the one hugging the coast. The scenery is similar to that in BC, but the trees are much bigger. Anyways.....seemingly endless twisties, llllooooonnnnggg straights, huge gradual sweeping corners followed by tight one lane through tons of trees kind of raods and then back out into wide open lanes again.
And little to no traffic whatsoever.
We pull over to adjust my luggage and a brand new Honda 954 gets on the highway in front of us...We eventually pull over to talk about his sweet new bike and our Canadian stickers and what not, and since he was kinda heading in our direction we decide to follow him for a bit.
This guys takes off like only a guy on a liter bike can with my buddy on his R1 in persuit. I'm trying desperately to catch up but my 150lbs of luggage isn't helping, and i'm in 6th gear with the throttle twisted alll the way!!!! anyways, after at least a good 45 mins of insane speeds on almost perfectly empty and wide roads he leads us to a restaraunt where he proceeds to buy us dinner!
It turns out that his wife had relatives in Vancouver and his business used to take him up here a lot so he had a lot of love for Canadians. Not to mention the fact that he was a bike nut! He was a really nice guy and he said he could get us some good deals on bike stuff if we wanted so i think i'll try to take him up on that if i can.....

just a heart warming biker story...

D

·
0 Posts
and no one wants to know which playboy playmate it was? hmm. must be too early in the morning.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
congrats on the trip Bluestone, we are all very jealous, me especially, do post more pictures and glad to to see you made in back safe and sound....

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
great stories! my friend and i are hoping to do a Cali trip mid summer (between mid July & mid August).

would like to know more about where you stayed along the way (besides Vegas - you hounds... :laughing) and how far you managed to travel each day. etc. etc.

also looking for other riders interested in doing this trip - as i will be riding down alone to pick her up on her new bike (if all goes as planned) and don't really want to go alone. :angel

D

·
0 Posts
Sliver said:
great stories! my friend and i are hoping to do a Cali trip mid summer (between mid July & mid August).

would like to know more about where you stayed along the way (besides Vegas - you hounds... :laughing) and how far you managed to travel each day. etc. etc.

also looking for other riders interested in doing this trip - as i will be riding down alone to pick her up on her new bike (if all goes as planned) and don't really want to go alone. :angel
i have an invite to go to southern LA any time i want. friend has a new house down there and wants me to visit. could probably do it around that time.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I am in Mid August, ,my courses should be over.....how long you thinking ?

C

·
0 Posts
Re: A friendly bike story

Bluestone said:
....he leads us to a restaraunt where he proceeds to buy us dinner!
It turns out that his wife had relatives in Vancouver and his business used to take him up here a lot so he had a lot of love for Canadians. Not to mention the fact that he was a bike nut! He was a really nice guy and he said he could get us some good deals on bike stuff if we wanted so i think i'll try to take him up on that if i can.....

just a heart warming biker story...
:thumbup thats kool man. nothing like complete strangers becoming instant friends thanks to bikes. :D :rider

good to hear that you had a good trip. makes me wanan do a rip like that even more.

see you at the rides. :D :rider

·
MoToSucCubUS
1,784 Posts
Human said:
I am in Mid August, ,my courses should be over.....how long you thinking ?
not sure. depends on how long the ride is. we want to take it slow and would LOVE to do some surfing along the way (ever strapped a surfboard to your bike? :confused.) i don't want to be gone more than 10 days. is that even doable? obviously i haven't done enough research yet.... that's why i need details from Bluestone.

i was joking about the surfboard; however, i might add: Drivers Wanted. :laughing :laughing :laughing :laughing

D

·
0 Posts
theoretically you can make LA in 27 hours.

thats driving non stop, just for gas, food and potty, and not worrying what you look like or smell like when you get there.

plan on 3 days down taking it easy. an overnite in northern cali would be good. I5 is 75 mph for most of it. if you want scenic you are gonna be using up more time, as PCH has more bends in it than the sea wall.

B

·
0 Posts
well, taking the coast just after Portland, my buddy and I took about 3 and a half days to get to LA, stopping for some scenery, some video shots, and going at a decent but not hectic pace. If you want to speed things up, than skip most of the Oregon coast until right at the bottom after Coos Bay or just hit the coast starting from the top of California at the Oregon border. This will be the 101 Redwood Highway and starts off extremely scenic through the Redwood Forests and then takes you down (if you want) to San Francisco, with great twisties allllllll the way. Then after San Fran, you'll wanna hit Monteray (Laguna Seca) and the coast from there is the Creme de la Creme of coastlines. After a while you'll want to head inland for a faster highway and then head back down to the coast after Ventura for the Pacific Coast Highway all the way into LA via Malibu.

As for the return trip....we left on Sunday at noon, rode the I-5 till 2am and stayed the night in Eugene, Oregon. We stopped only for gas and food. Then we left around 10am and i was in my house in West Van at 7pm. Mind you we caught the horrible Seattle traffic and weren't smart enough to take the express lane, so we could have shaved another hour or so off the time.

10 days is doable but a tad rushed, in my opinion, but then again we were only gone for about 15 days...with 3 nights in Vegas.

i can give you more details, just PM me.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
doug said:
theoretically you can make LA in 27 hours.

thats driving non stop, just for gas, food and potty, and not worrying what you look like or smell like when you get there.

plan on 3 days down taking it easy. an overnite in northern cali would be good. I5 is 75 mph for most of it. if you want scenic you are gonna be using up more time, as PCH has more bends in it than the sea wall.
Actually, in a cage I have done it in 23 hours. But on a bike you would want to take 3 days and do the coast, 23 hours on I-5 riding a bike would be insanely boring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts