BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt really a sport touring bike but thought I would put the question here! Anyone have any experience with these bikes. Looking at picking a couple of these up for the wife and I to do some touring on. How are they for long distance comfort? We are looking at long distance as in probably spending a month or more traveling, highways and backroads. Any insight would be great, cheers...

·
From N00bie to Wannabe
4,839 Posts
Can't answer now but will later.
Short answer: I have a 2012 with 45K. Travelled Death Valley, BC Interior and 40-50% off road (FSR's, decommissioned & some B trails. Get Haidenau's and I am very satisfied both road and off road, loaded & unloaded. Pricey to buy and service but no issues. I recommend it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't answer now but will later.
Short answer: I have a 2012 with 45K. Travelled Death Valley, BC Interior and 40-50% off road (FSR's, decommissioned & some B trails. Get Haidenau's and I am very satisfied both road and off road, loaded & unloaded. Pricey to buy and service but no issues. I recommend it.
Thanks for the input, read lots of tests with most being very positive. Pretty much settled on a pair of these!!

·
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
352 Posts
You should also check out the new Vstrom 650. Better, cheaper and more reliable.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
You should also check out the new Vstrom 650. Better, cheaper and more reliable.
I moved from a KLR to Triumph 800 XC. My decision came down to the 800GS vs the XC. The GS would be more capable offroad, especially in the tight stuff, but the 800 triple in the Triumph won me over. The Triumph is more comfortable for me (I found the GS seat too narrow, although there are lots of aftermarket options) and the XC was also $1,000+ cheaper. 2 years later no regrets - and I have pounded the 800 XC over some pretty rough terrain and it has been very capable... the weak link in the rough stuff will be the rider, not the bike. And big thumb-up for the Heidenaus awesome all round tires!

But the 800 GS is a great bike, especially if you want to go further off road and even get to single tracks... but I went for the bigger motor, better highway cruising and saved a few bucks too :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts