BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link to Vid.

As a followup to the Can’t Drive 155 in your M5? post, here’s a Google video of a speed-limiter removed BMW M6 chasing down a Honda CBR1000rr AND a Suzuki GXR-1000, pegging the tach and the speedo in the process.

The car hits 330kmh, which is 205 mph. Granted, BMW speedometers tend to read high when speeds reach the triple digits, but the pegged tach and speedo in the video tends to make me believe he really is doing 205.
I dno, dont think the bikes intended on racing though i'd rather be in the car at those speeds.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
i think the M6 is capable of beating the bikes in the top speed category. But most likely a different situation interms of outright acceleration...

M6 and M5 are my dream rides when i get old and don't want to ride motorcycles

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
^ I think I might get a '93-'95 RX-7 again when I'm too old to ride.
unless another super sexy semi-affordable option happens before then.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I saw a presumably stock M6 (another google video somewhere) pulling on a newish RUF 911 turbo (supposidly)..

Not too shabby.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
0.o

holy shit, the guy max out he engine lol, im suprized he didn't blow it, fucking eh. Red lined that shit good.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Very cool.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You guys ever get out of third gear in the city?

There ain't no fuckin way thats anywhere near 200mph. In fact I'd be surprised if that was 150. Look at how slow the pilons are going by. :laughing

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
Remy said:
0.o

holy shit, the guy max out he engine lol, im suprized he didn't blow it, fucking eh. Red lined that shit good.

are u kidding? running a german car at redline can be done ALL DAY...most cars for that matter without cookin' the motors.

nice vid.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
the german cars are meant for speed. its are dinky lil hondas and jap cars that are great in the city that blow on the highway... german engineering at its finest right there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts