BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Body Armour

Tags
armour
3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  nikm 
#1 ·
I am looking into some spandex type body armour that one would wear underneath a pair of regular pants such as jeans etc. If anyone has any pro/con type ideas, what you may have used whether it be pant or short etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have looked into the likes of Klim tac pant, Troy Lee pant, Force Field pant and Bohn. Of course all the reviews are people absolutley loving or hating it. I have searched the forum for similar posts without too much success, as well as other sites, but I do quite like the responses I get here! :D

#2 ·
forcefield is pretty good. spent 5500km in just under 2 weeks in those. during a heat wave.

gotta get jeans one size larger, or else pockets get a bit tight due to padding location.

but, you can decide which pads to install.

it does get a bit warm after 6 hour day or in traffic, but as long as you keep moving they are fine. also doubles as chilly weather under pants for early/late season rides. even in 40C heat i didnt find them unbearable when riding.

washes very easily. rinse the foam inserts off in water, let them dry, and good to go. they dont tend to absorb sweat, so the smell is surface only.

i understand that bohn is not actually certified, or that their claims are a bit... stretched.

#3 ·
I've got the dainese norso...whatevers, the long pant version. I wasn't really expecting much in terms of protection and there really isn't anything substantial. They are thin though, I was able to wear them under my regular jeans.

But for as uncomfortable as I found them (specifically chafing from the hip pads), I decided they weren't worth the hassle. I bought some actual riding pants with hard armour and never looked back.

#4 ·
dont mean to hi-jack the thread can you guys also recommend a jacket and pants that offer protection, but you can still go hit up the bars downtown in. currently wear the icon field armor stryker under a jacket when riding but not really something you can go out in...

#5 ·
I use the Knox Multi Sport Armour Shorts, if you wear a medium get size small.

It is good protection but a little dated in technology. D30 armour or other molecular materials are the way to go.

@ ducati1

Check Alpinestar ( http://www.revzilla.com/alpinestars-jackets )

#7 ·
Nikm, I've crash-tested my Bohn adventure pants twice - shredded the pants, but not a scratch on my body. I can't say anything bad about them, and as they're spandex-elastic material, the armour doesn't move when you bin it, unlike some looser-fitting riding pants.
That said, I only wear them if I'm going to work (under my jeans), and have better gear for "spirited" rides.

This post has been deleted
#10 · (Edited)
Well, glad you asked, we have a wide variety (but it being Canada, is out of stock or backordered).

What we can bring in within the next 3 - 4 business days (more like 2 weeks) and at only 40% more cost than competing online US based resellers is the following:

For the Suzuki Rider:

For the Kawi Rider:

For Yamaha:

For Honda:

As you can see, we have a very wide variety, though for optimal protection, we recommend the line of products tailored to Yamaha as its the most stylish.

Of course, if you want to seriously squid out, you could always get something like this and be a total poser squid:

Personally, I just ride in this and find it to be the best armor one can buy:

Oh, and this is just for Syncro, hands down the best "armor" you can buy... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.