BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I wanna Ride!!!!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm planning on getting my first article of gear which will probably be a pair of riding boots which I'm pretty sure will be the Sidi Vertigo Tepor's.

My question is about the sizing. All of my normal shoes are sized 9.5 and I was just woundering if with the Sidi boot sizing is the same to say Nike shoes because I know that some shoe companies are a little off from each other, like I would wear 9.5 with some companies and a 10 with others.

The reason I"m asking this is because I'll most likely be ordering them online so I would like to know if they would fit the same or not. Or would it just be best to go to a shop and try them on there??... THANKS

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
Why not just go to a shop, try them on, and buy them there. Support a local business.

S

·
0 Posts
I would definately go into a shop and get some help with them. And to get all of your questions answered. I wear size 13+ shoes, but managed to squeeze into a 12.5 in the Sidi's sooo, shop it up!

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
Why not just go to a shop, try them on, and buy them there. Support a local business.
What he said!!

·
I wanna Ride!!!!
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey thanks for the replies. The only reason I was asking is because I live in Sechelt so I just wanted to know whether or not it was necessary to try on first.. but thanks again for all the resonses and looks like i'm gonna make my way into Van soon

And the only reason I was leaning towards purchasing online was due to the price diff. I know that shops need to pay overhead and pay employees to run the shop but I was quoted $479.99 for these boots by some shops and online prices where on average were about $295USD, I know that this is an expensive hobby to get into but I'm currently a student and I am using my tax return money here to get these and $600 of my return has already gone to Pacific Riding School so I'm basicly just trying to get the most for my money. But once I start working again after my exams then I'll be buying all of my other gear locally... With that being said does anyone have any suggestions to which shop to check out?? THANKS

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
5th Gear Motorsports
Imperial Motorcycles
Burnaby Kawasaki
S&V Motorcycle World

D

·
0 Posts
if you are only taking your riding course, and don't have a bike as of yet, hold off on the boot purchase.

use a sturdy pair of hiking boots, or work boots, for your course. riding boots are not a requirement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts