BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,550 Posts
Soooo happy.
April 1st no Covid test to return to Canada.

For 19 years in a row from 2001-2019 have been epic road trips to California for my summer vacation.
Summer road trips in 2020 and 2021 were all in BC - still pretty fun.

Booked a few places in the US for this summer, Hwy 29 probably will look different after the fires from the last two years.

·
Registered
18,915 Posts
I've already been down the the grand ole' USA a couple times this year. I'm heading back down in May for 2 weeks in California. Should be interesting to see the fire damage. So much has changed even since I started riding more frequently down there.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I was pretty damn happy when I heard this news. Hello US riding, I’ve missed you.

Reactions: armchairgm

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
me too! hello WA, OR and CA. see yah later, Duffey Lk Rd. ( no insult intended...)

·
Registered
18,915 Posts
No update on Highway 20 yet. The Washington state DOT has a webpage where they announce when they're going to start clearing it. I'm very much looking forward to getting out down there, and I also have two weeks off in May where i'll be heading South for some windy road fun.
I think some guy named Heisenberg or something used to post the annual update, can't recall when that was done last.
I am sure part of Winthrop missed the tourists and part of it was glad the last few years.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think some guy named Heisenberg or something used to post the annual update, can't recall when that was done last.
I am sure part of Winthrop missed the tourists and part of it was glad the last few years.
Yup I remember that. It was a good thing. Another missed relic of the ol’ BC Sportbikes forum.

·
Katani Kalan
914 Posts
Came here for just this a highway 20 update thanks gang been awhile. Hoping to get out more this year haven't really ridden in two years minus a couple rides each of last two summers.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Travel Center Map | WSDOT

Hwy SR20 Snow clearing started March 28/22. It says generally 4-6 weeks to clear.
It appears there is as yet, no picture update blog that has been the case the last many years. But if they say 6 weeks on the outside, that's a mid May opening. I really miss that route. If I'm riding to the southern Okanagan, I always take 20, and cross north at Nighthawk. Great riding!

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Crossed April 1st at 11am, super easy southbound, northbound there’s a sea of winter snowbirds heading north with no idea of the Arrivecanada app, long lines of rv’s full of persons without understanding of this app. Thankfully my high degree of awareness compensated for my less than high degree of ‘techie skills’, coupled with Nexus Card, return visit to grab packages 2 yrs sitting , and fuel/milk/eggs, within 21 minutes.
It’s full go for riding in 2022!!!!!

·
lover of twins
6,185 Posts
Crossed April 1st at 11am, super easy southbound, northbound there’s a sea of winter snowbirds heading north with no idea of the Arrivecanada app, long lines of rv’s full of persons without understanding of this app. Thankfully my high degree of awareness compensated for my less than high degree of ‘techie skills’, coupled with Nexus Card, return visit to grab packages 2 yrs sitting , and fuel/milk/eggs, within 21 minutes.
It’s full go for riding in 2022!!!!!
Maybe this is the year we actually meet for a ride and strangely develop a bromance that leaves the denizens of BCSB scratching their heads and asking if they've been transported to an alternate universe that is ruled by the Lizard people from the 7th dimension.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe this is the year we actually meet for a ride and strangely develop a bromance that leaves the denizens of BCSB scratching their heads and asking if they've been transported to an alternate universe that is ruled by the Lizard people from the 7th dimension.
Lol, you talk in’ strange stuff man!! ;-)

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya - b-b-b-b-but one still needs some proof of having been vaxxed in order to cross, right?
Southbound, yes. Although I was asked my vac status almost as a last minute check, and was not asked for any form of confirmation, either hard copy or electronic. Northbound, much more involved as mentioned. The ArriveCAN app must be used, and permanent status of your situation including photos of your passport, and other particulars kept in the app for Cdn Customs perusal, saves enormous grief.
I’ve travelled to some ‘odd’ places, that require shots of various recipe, to obtain visas. Entering g the foreign country of the USA currently requires proof if asked, if a certain cocktail. It’s the price it takes.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just returned from 4th crossing, 1st time by bike, playing around the local county backroads, honestly just as good as ever and more or less empty. Southbound at Lynden, honestly the nicest US Customs officer ever. Northbound Cdn officer at Lynden also super nice.
One bit of advice on the ArriveCAN app. When you enter the return date and time, use a time of day later than you think, it’s not an issue at all if you arrive 2,4,6 hours early. Arrive later than your estimated return time and they may have issues and make you fill out again.

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,242 Posts
That's great information about the ArriveCAN app! Noted.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts