BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
I have read the thread again, and I dont' see it's clear that this IS a bike sold there, so I think that if
the OP has not confirmed where he bought it, then we shouldn't be referencing this dealers name.

Fuckin' right on that one.
Impossible to know it had 1 1/2 hours to detonation. Runs great, buy it, sell it.
OP is fair though, openly admits there was NO warranty.
No homework, bad luck, decides to own up to his luck, jumps on here looking for a miracle.
CSI solves all ;-)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Still can't come to grips with the rod coming thru the case.
It Has to come loose from either the piston or the crank to do so most likely the piston. In my experiences this isn't usually an instant grenade event, there is usually lots of horrific noises ...before... 'windowing' occurs.
IMO it would require a bit more than the 'wrong' sealant goo to cause this.. maybe a non functioning (or non existant??) rev limiter and/or an inability to comprehend what the red area on the tach signified?.
Methinks being a wee bit 'Dimly Aware' played a large part in at least the extent of the incurred damages.

·
Registered
18,857 Posts
I think it would be prudent to strike this thread from the forum, with all the reference to International when there is no
evidence from the OP that the bike even came from there. that is my .02c.

At this point, aside from a late night thread in a drunken stupor, we have no confirmation that this debacle even exists.

It could be another classic BCSB thread.

Let's see some pics from a local guy with a grenaded motor. It *could* all be bullshit.

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
Still can't come to grips with the rod coming thru the case.
It Has to come loose from either the piston or the crank to do so most likely the piston. In my experiences this isn't usually an instant grenade event, there is usually lots of horrific noises ...before... 'windowing' occurs.
IMO it would require a bit more than the 'wrong' sealant goo to cause this.. maybe a non functioning (or non existant??) rev limiter and/or an inability to comprehend what the red area on the tach signified?.
Methinks being a wee bit 'Dimly Aware' played a large part in at least the extent of the incurred damages.
I blew up quite a few bikes and in every case there was no indication there would be a bang. It really doesnt take much to punch a hole through the cases. There is only less than an 1/8 of an inch clearance between the crank and cases and if a piston breaks or a rod lets go the energy of the spinning crank just forces the parts through...on a good note I have successfully repaired quite a few engines. I would offer the OP a bit of help if he needs.

On the race bikes we have had a few "holly shit" moments where we found cracks in the piston or crank bearings about to go. Thats why there are recomended inspection intervals on all bikes. Most manufacturers have a good idea how long some parts will last.

·
Sedate hooligan
1,876 Posts
I would hazard a guess that it WASN'T International. This one was on craigslist, most likely.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pml/mcy/2419014066.html

I think it would be prudent to strike this thread from the forum, with all the reference to International when there is no
evidence from the OP that the bike even came from there. that is my .02c.

At this point, aside from a late night thread in a drunken stupor, we have no confirmation that this debacle even exists.

It could be another classic BCSB thread.

Let's see some pics from a local guy with a grenaded motor. It *could* all be bullshit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
To funny.
I didn't buy the bike from international. I would never line zachs pockets with my hard earned money. Ever! I did buy the bike from a private seller. Paid 3800 for it. Test rode it and had it checked over buy a close friend who is a qualified mechanic.

Just had a really bad experience. That's all.

To those who sent me in the right direction, thanks. I found another engine but it is going to take 10days to get here!

To those who wanted to rant because you have nothing better to do with your life, " I hope your day is as nice as you are!"

·
Registered
18,857 Posts
10 days is good. That will give us BCSBr's time to paruse the Ape forums so that we are all well versed on the fixes required
for all the other problems you may encounter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know every screw of that engine. I have rebuilt that engine, and I have all the special tools. I work on engines every day, if you need something let me know.If you ship to me the engine I can tell you what need to change. Probably you was running without oil, or the level was low, sure that the con-rod was turning dry.

·
Wait for me, I'm SLOW
1,224 Posts
I know every screw of that engine. I have rebuilt that engine, and I have all the special tools. I work on engines every day, if you need something let me know.If you ship to me the engine I can tell you what need to change. Probably you was running without oil, or the level was low, sure that the con-rod was turning dry.

You happen to work at Vespa Surrey?

41 - 49 of 49 Posts