BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i'd post up ere to spread the news that i'm the proud new owner of an '02 kawi zzr250. its an icbc write off but plan on doing all the repairs myself before summer starts. its nothing serious just fairing damage and a muffler. here's 1 pic, its kinda shitty i'll get some better ones tomorrow if the sun comes out.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Congrats! Looks fine to me. This was my first choice when I was looking around for a bike. Same colour too.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
my girlfreind just bought a gorgeous 01 zzr250 just in red and silver and wow its actually quite a nice bike. (stored in my garage ;-) ) One thing I did notice about these bikes is that they already have flushmount signals on them, but they put a decal over them and installed the knobby ones to make it legal. I was contemplating checking out the wiring in the back to see how simple it would be to switch them to the stock flushmounts, then remove the decals covering them.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doc - good score on the bike. Just keep circling people on that side for the balance of your riding days. (Let me guess... no paint on the other side.)

Adam et al.... (Doc, you too for that matter.)

Search around and try to get a shop manual. I've got one for my bike... my 2 cars etc. They make your life SOOoo... much easier. Even if you don't do 100% how they recommend, it makes things fit into place (mentally).

Now... if I could only get one for my wife I'd trully understand her too.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Nice little ride! Congrats! :thumbup

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright. here's a better pic of the bike and some pics of the damage.

muffler got crushed into foot peg

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it'll buff out.

be sure to hit up a few of the site sponsors for parts and whatnot for your rebuild.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Congrats! And, as per my usual request of all bike purchasers...
:flashy Can I borrow it? :flashy

Enjoy!
:rider

·
Registered
978 Posts
that should be easy to fix with a bit of plastic welding and you can just buy a new muffler off ebay or somthing...maybe give burnaby kawasaki a call and ask them how much for a new muffler and also ask them who they reccomend for plastic welding...they gave me the number of a bumper repair shop out in surrey that did fantastic work...cant remember the name now but it was like creative plastic works or somthing

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Once its all polished up it'll look great(not that it looks bad now, the first pic was decieving)! Good find :)

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Check out the Fairing Repair Kit that these guys sell at the bike show. I used it to repair my wife's fairing, and it did a very impressive job. I'm going to buy another bottle of it this year at the show, so I have it around "just in case". The curse of riding a plastic bike, I guess... :)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Way to go with the new bike! ! ! !

Borderline has been playing with plastic welding if you don't want to do it yourself.

If you do want to do it yourself there's an alternative to plastic welding. At last year's motorcycle show I got a kit of glue goo from a guy. He had samples of repaired fairngs and I flexed the snot out of them within reason and they held up. Held up well enough that I bought one of his kits.

You still need to paint after the repairs but at least you can get it to that point on your own.

Check it out at http://www.quarical.com/ . It seems pricey but if it lets you repair your own damage for about $100 to $150 then it's cheap compared to any option that I can think off. Of course there's still painting. But likely you'd be facing that anyway unless you just happen to score the proper colours off ebay.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Awesome! Plus you'll have no trouble selling it when you're ready for something different.

See you out there Doc.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts