21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
^^^ that's very nice...

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,226 Posts
I still pop in once and awhile considering this is the only social media for me now. No FB, Instagram or any other drivel. Got so sick of Trump bs and my US "friends" posting about their guns and shit. I lurk here mostly but don't post a lot. Still have the RC and still love her...
Dude! I was wondering what happened there! Glad you are doing okay!

Reactions: SpookyjacK

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
wow - thanks for all that positive input ^^

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sun is finally shining in the okanagan. Putting new tread on my drz today and will certainly finally be riding again today or tomorrow. I can hardly wait for warmer days and cleaner roads but for now I'll take whatever I can get. I've seen a few bikes out here and there in the Vernon area. Even saw a scooter yesterday on hwy6. Looked like it may have been involved in some sort of accident. So a good reminder to myself and others that more so than ever we seem to be espescially invisible to other road users during the early season.

Drz is going to workout perfectly I think as a complimentary bike to my fz1. Cheap insurance so I can insure it earlier and later. Still get my two wheeled fix on something significantly slower while the roads are dirty and the skills are rusty. And finally allow me the off-road access as well. The final straw will be how I adjust to being on a road going bike that isn't capable of out accelerating basically all other road users. Generally if I come across any sort of fuckery on the road I just remove myself from it by disappearing, on the drz seems that won't be an option.

·
Registered
18,884 Posts
I've been riding the last few seasons, just not as much as prior with the border shut down.

Have my eyes on a few new bikes, been kicking the tires at dealerships trying to figure out what I want for the last hurrah on sportbikes.

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
are you looking at brand new, liter size, in-line or v-configuration, sport or sport touring styles?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I've been riding the last few seasons, just not as much as prior with the border shut down.

Have my eyes on a few new bikes, been kicking the tires at dealerships trying to figure out what I want for the last hurrah on sportbikes.
“The last hurrah”? Sounds ominous. Your last new bike purchase. Last sportbike purchase? Last bike purchase? Thinking 2021-2022 riding will be limited to meagre BC street roads only?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Its time for some NewBikeDay posts. Anyone else shopping?

I'm going to stick with my gsxrr for the foreseeable future. Its been bulletproof and nothing out there is a step up. This is strange for me. I've always been looking for my next ride.

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
What year is your GSXR? By "last hoorah", I think Bandito means that he's getting too old to be flying around on a modern-day sport-bike (wisdom/fear?), so this one will be his last 'kick-at-the-can', so to say ... ??

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
What year is your GSXR? By "last hoorah", I think Bandito means that he's getting too old to be flying around on a modern-day sport-bike (wisdom/fear?), so this one will be his last 'kick-at-the-can', so to say ... ??
It's a 2017 and it will be my "last hoorah" as far as sportbikes go. Age takes its toll.

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Ohhhh ... I get it ... 'oldgixxer' isn't an older model of gixxer ... it's a older model rider of a fairly recent model gixxer!

Ah well, I just bought an 'older' model liter 'Blade, and I'm somewhat past sixty. It's been a few years since my last bike, and since I bought the thing in the early part of this winter, I've only ridden it a few dozen kms ... so I'm not totally sure if I have a clear grasp on a pending 'last hoorah'; or if in fact I'm already past that hoorah's expiry date ...

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Ohhhh ... I get it ... 'oldgixxer' isn't an older model of gixxer ... it's a older model rider of a fairly recent model gixxer!
LOLz

stop it guys, i'm getting misty over here. ;)

We're all told at some point in time that we can no longer play the children's game, we just don't... don't know when that's gonna be. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we're all told.

before i get too damn sentimental, i've recounted this little story a couple of times, maybe not on here.. Years ago as I was 'healing' from a dumb road accident (not at fault) i was down in California hanging out with my cousin.. I had just picked up my Yamaha YZF-R1 and realized i'd developed carpal tunnel on my left hand (related to the fall) and wasnt feeling very positive about the whole riding thing for obvious reasons. I rode into Alice's Restaurant and met what I now consider 'an inspiration'. This bloke had been around the block a few tanks worth, had just turned 77 years old. He was dressed in matching yellow leathers, riding a brand spankin' new BMWS1KRR!! I was a bit floored to say the least, looked like the years had done nothing but great things for him, including a full head of grey hair ;). We chatted about the bike for a bit as it was obviously still fresh into the sport-bike market, he loved that bike. I remember thinking, yikes, i should be so lucky to be boasting about the greatest and latest at that age with such ease.

Age is nothing but a number. I keep my sense's sharp on SIM racing through winter months,
Just picked up F1 2020 on the PS4 and will be grabbing a copy of RIDE 4 as well. ;) :p

Tomorrow.

Was, but no longer.
congrats, nice ride i bet!

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
thumbs up all the way for that ^^ post!

Reactions: bacchus40

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
thumbs up all the way for that ^^ post!
i'm sure i've got pics somewhere, but i must have pulled them from FaceBook.

this was my 4 month (give our take) old R1 at the time.. Cliff House Restaurant, San Francisco.

I had dinner at the same table Robin Williams used to.. Signed pic right next
to it and everything.. very cool experience.

Sadly it appears after 157 years, it has now been permanently closed, torn down :(

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Wow - BCsportbikes used to be a rockin' place, what happened to everybody? did everyone quit riding, or just quit the site?
well after the soclal media/online / covid thing. the gov told us to pick 5 friends .
BCSB was great

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I think BCSB will revive to some extent, once Covid is in the rear-view mirror. a big part of what got people into this group, and kept them there, was riding together. there were times when there would be 2 or 3 separate groups leaving Sumas on the same Sunday morning. or you'd meet a group headed the opposite way on the Duffey loop. OK, few of us in those groups were close friends, but we were riding budgies... and we shared some good times over lunch, etc. it takes the activities themselves to keep those relationships healthy. so, once we can 'advertise' group rides again, I'd hope to see an uptick in activity. ( from an admittedly extremely low base, it must be added!)

21 - 40 of 66 Posts