BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Age, law and regulations changes (impounds at more than thirty over), far more 'trigger happy' cops in recent years, texting pre-occupied/distracted drivers smashing bones and lives ... many reasons riders started dropping off.

Reactions: oldgixxer

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,308 Posts
Age, law and regulations changes (impounds at more than thirty over)
Impounds at 30 over? Is that accurate?

I was under the impression impounds started at 40 over. At least that's how it used to be.

I was awarded with a blue piece of paper this past August and I'm pretty sure I was in the 30-40kph range...

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ya - you're right - it is impounds for over forty km/hr over.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yah it's 40+ impound and 60+ I think is the fine increase point from stupid to ludicrous. As always it's all at their discretion. I received an excessive last year and road away to live to fight another day which hasn't come yet. Anyone have any ideas on a time limit for the crown getting a ticket to court?

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I believe one's Charter right to a speedy trial is found in Section 11.b of the Act ... and I do believe the standard today is 18 months

Reactions: Squisher

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Anyone have any ideas on a time limit for the crown getting a ticket to court?
i never got a chance to answer your question, or at least.. i'm still waiting. hahhaa

the charges were obviously bogus on my 'case' and mr roadside popo agreed
as they never filed. that was about 6 years ago now i think. Nothing on the books

of course that didnt stop them from impounding my bike for a week and taking $500
hard earned from my account to pay for it, that was nice!. But hey, I did find a fold-able
trailer brand new with a $600 OFF sales tag on it. So there is that ;)

yes, i still have the trailer.. lol

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Logged in after 7 years, had a message from Sikorsky from 2019 creeping me. Lol. This place still sucks. See ya in another 7 years fuckheads.

LOLOLOL. And I just saw that you messaged me back, twice! Still the same bad boy type of remarks as the dozen or so other messages you sent me, but at least you didn’t encourage me to “do the world a favour and suck on your service pistol” like last time. Lots of tough guy talk and you managed to find out where I’m living these days, so who is creeping who? I’m a little puzzled of your message of “ I'll be sure to come and take a dump in your backyard one day” though, seems pretty weird.

I did recall that it was the hate mail and threats that got you banned from here in the first place. Stay classy, Joe.

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
it would be nice to see.. when i was just getting into street riding and bscb membership;

a lot of riders were on their way out.. felt kinda shitty to just lose all 'em friends to 'age' lol.
hmmm im not sure if im supose to text here but I'm still a rider. I left social media and just texted friends for rides. is bcsb still doing social events?

·
Registered
18,884 Posts
“The last hurrah”? Sounds ominous. Your last new bike purchase. Last sportbike purchase? Last bike purchase? Thinking 2021-2022 riding will be limited to meagre BC street roads only?
Probably last sportbike. I can see buying performance as priority over comfort one last time before I transition to geezer bikes.

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Ha ha - pubs aren't even open right now

·
backslider
11,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Of course, one of the reasons this forum suffered the painful and constrictive decline that it has, is so very painfully obvious in all the corrosive and combative posts and criticisms thrown around on here.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Of course, one of the reasons this forum suffered the painful and constrictive decline that it has, is so very painfully obvious in all the corrosive and combative posts and criticisms thrown around on here.
Well actually, other than the outright lockdown on this day, March 29th, 2021 at midnight, all public houses have been open since May of 2020. And they have done a great job at adhering to Dr. Bonni’s requirements. However, I have seen it myself, dozens of times, younger mostly, 22-45, gathering, outside of their bubble, in pubs, cafes, hugging, shaking hands, etc, otherwise not observing situational awareness ( as is the case for most low IQ citizenry) regarding the common sense of trying to knock down this frickin Chinese “rona”. Pub and cafe employees have no way of policing persons infiltrating other bubbles through couples gathering together in a group of 4, when those persons say they live under the same roof. The current new lockdown, today, where tens of thousands of hard working service industry workers are now distinctly unemployed, a huge diabolical shame.
A note on your apparent mental injury over my laugh. Really, there are massively bigger hurdles in life than a ‘b’ and a ‘a’ gathered together in a response to you saying all pubs have been closed. Look. If a physical
Lockdown works for you for the next 6 months to 18 months (yup), you do you. I’m sure the alpha estrogen in your household will make the suitable call when things relax for you-all. I hope it works good.
Previous to this forums ownership change, this was a very active and spirited forum. It wasn’t its spirited-ness that killed it. It was the re-signup-fiasco.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Ha ha - pubs aren't even open right now
thought it was an odd post as well.. but i figured i'd respond.

wait, just read above post.. pubs have been open? what ever the fvck for? i thought they were specifically too small for social distancing. ?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts