BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Hmm, an interesting alternative. I usually just hold the throttle open to the stop until the first tank of gas runs out, then change the oil and I'm good to go.;)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
lol....actually a while ago when I was talking to one of the mechanics at BK he told me if you ever want the max hp out of an engine, just gun it to redline and hold it for a while....but he also said that engine will give max hp but won't last long....

·
Go big or go home
271 Posts
Dam!!! My auto instructor was right after all.Keep the revs high enough to maintain good oil pressure,at the same time properly breakin properly all moving components in 2nd gear:)

New bike ran better after 100km or so. :D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
This pretty much sums up the advice I got. That was "Use it but don't A-buse it. Just run it like you intend to ride and it'll be fine". That was from Trevor at BK.

What this method doesn't take into account is that the gearbox can take quite a bit longer to polish the gear teeth to each other so you can expect a continuous small improvement over the first couple of thousand klicks.

I didn't do it as hard as they recomend but I certainly was more sadistic than the owner's manual suggested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts