BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ex-VP of the BOC
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 07 yamaha R6.

one of the mods that I have planned is a brembo billet radial master cylinder. I have on order a 19x20.

Just wondering who has used one and maybe they can provide a bit of feedback. Brembo recommends using a 19x18 for four piston calipers but a good source told me to get the 19x20 for maximum stopping power.

G

·
Just picked up a 07 yamaha R6.

one of the mods that I have planned is a brembo billet radial master cylinder. I have on order a 19x20.

Just wondering who has used one and maybe they can provide a bit of feedback. Brembo recommends using a 19x18 for four piston calipers but a good source told me to get the 19x20 for maximum stopping power.

PAzzo makes levers for the brembo masters ,i have one from my billet brembo master that he gave me if you want it ,then get a pazzo for the clutch and you have a matching pair .

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
Yes. I have the brake and clutch and they're like butta. The 19x20 feels like a board sometimes but that's exactly what I like the brakes to feel like. I don't like a lot of lever travel there. I have a 16x18 clutch. The feel is a lot different from stock and has a much more consistent feel (stock one was getting old) and seems to have a longer travel. I'm hoping that it will improve my starts or at least look good on there. Either way the Brembo is a huge improvement on stock. The Pazzo levers are a great budget mod but I didn't like them as much as the Brembos.

G

·
The Pazzo levers are a great budget mod but I didn't like them as much as the Brembos.

i have the 16x18 brake and 19x20 clutch ( yes weird) its cuz they didnt have the 19x20 brake at the time i bought mine for the brake ,its got plenty of power and feel and i can deal with it not being the big boy .the clutch is a bit of work on the hands but i like that hard feel on the clutch

ps .unless you have the monoblock calipers or at least the HP's ,the billet is overkill ,save yur money for internals and just get the cast one.

BUt the billet is def the nicest looking and has that "fuck yu --i may eat PBand J and water all day ,,but i got billet biyatch !)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Brembo makes the following for the brake master:

Bores in: 16 and 19mm. Leverages in: 16, 18, and 20mm.

16mm bores are for single caliper and 19mm for two calipers.

16mm offset will give the most power, not the 20mm.

The billet brake master is not available in all bore sizes:
16x18 forged $157
19x16 in billet only $335.
19x18 forged only $192.
19x20 in both billet and forged $252. and $176.
OE replacement levers are only $45.

Clutch masters are another story, 3 different sizes.

18mm has the most after-market levers available (folding / remote adjusters )

·
ex-VP of the BOC
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
19x20 in both billet and forged $252. and $176.

Wow were do you order you parts??

$252 for a 19x20 billet Brembo master brake cylinder? I am paying close to $450 for mine.

I choose the billet cause it is a very sexy piece compared to the forged piece. Some people like fancy clothes and shoes, I'm a sucka for nice looking performance parts! :)

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
i went to do an oil change and all of a sudden this was the last thing on the lift.
I don't think I want to ask why the wheel's still up there without a bike attached to it.

G

·
I don't think I want to ask why the wheel's still up there without a bike attached to it.
becasue he didnt want to get any nicks in the front one too so he left it there protected .

if anyone saw a tiny pick up with a big guy and most of a bike in :devillook the back ya should have questioned him about his actions.

G

·
becasue he didnt want to get any nicks in the front one too so he left it there protected .

if anyone saw a tiny pick up with a big guy and most of a bike in :devillook the back ya should have questioned him about his actions.

hahahahaha. no one gave me any looks about the bare frame and exhaust and bins of parts in the back. wheels and subframe and shit sitting all around me. funny site though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.