BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was looking at changing my brake & clutch levers to Passo and theres a fair amount of talk about brembo levers what is that all about. Help..I need Levers 101

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
The talk isn't about the lever itself. It's the master cylinder. There's good reason for it in my opinion. There's a noticeable improvement over stock for most bikes, especially if you do track days or race. Most race organizations have banned them for supersport competition (bikes are regulated closer to stock in these classes). They don't seem to ever fade, even when the brake fluid should be toast.

I like the different bend on the Pazzo levers. They also look nicer and crash better. Between the regular and shorty levers I like the shorty but that's just a preference. My brakes seemed to feel better with the lever on there over stock and didn't seem to bottom out on the bar as easily.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
If your putting it on that Older sport tourer I see you riding, I would first change out your brake lines to steel braided.

Reason why is over 8- 10 yr rubber brake lines can expand and you may not be getting full braking potential.

Do this first before you spend big bucks.

·
100% Asshole
3,406 Posts
If your putting it on that Older sport tourer I see you riding, I would first change out your brake lines to steel braided.

Reason why is over 8- 10 yr rubber brake lines can expand and you may not be getting full braking potential.

++1 for steel braided lines.........

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ya I was really just wanting to throw some new levers on for an upgrade then next thing I'm looking at $200 and its like woooooo!!!!

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
++1 for steel braided lines.........
++ a gozillion for steel braided. put em on and you'll be like...ehh..we don't need no stinkin levers!! levers are still cool though. either Pazzo or the CRG's are cool.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I like the CRG shorty's, really nice. I found my stock Zuki levers too long.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are interested, I wrote an article for OPP Racing regarding Brembo Master Cylinders. If you have specific questions, you can email me at [email protected] and I can help you out as I don't surf the forums much.

http://www.oppracing.com/pages/articles_brembo_master_cylinders/

The content should help you understand what are the features of a Brembo master cylinder and allow you to make an informed purchasing decision, regardless of whomever you ultimately buy from.

Gixxstar is correct in that the lever itself is not the focus but the braking mechanism. Unless you are looking for an upgrade to your brake system, the CRG or Pazzo levers would be the cheaper and more practical way to go. These work with the stock master cylinder and have more choices for length and colour. I also agree with everyone that voted for stainless braided lines...those should be standard on all motorcycles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts