BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever replaced their headlights on a quad (mine is a 660 Raptor) from the standard 35Watt to a 55Watt set?

Is the generator able to handle the load for recharging the battery?

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
Yup I did.....got rid of that tail light bulb for a headlight poop and put in 55w halogen...huge difference...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I bought the quad used, I removed the tailight as well - but the idiot took off the front headlights (for whatever reason - maybe so it can wheelie better! lol) and never kept them, I priced them out at the yamaha dealer and they were 158 bucks each! So I wanted to go to some aftermarket (got some of the small fog style with offroad beams from crappy tire) all I could find was 55 watt anywhere, I didn't wanna lose my stator though in the process, for now I've wired one light to my light ON switch, and the other to the BRIGHT switch. I know I'm safe at 55watt and it might be cool to flick the lights back and forth pretending to be the quad police on my buds, but it would be nice to run both lights. I asked at western powersports and the reply was you can probably get away with it. I would have liked to hear, YES YOU CAN use them both, not a maybe.

thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts