BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's with the guys running these MotoGP broadcasts?

As soon as there's gonna be a pass, or a situation where there could be a crash, or something else interesting happening....what do we get? A great shot of the pit crew, head mechanic, the rider's father or girlfreind...YES that is what we the viewers really want to see! Forget about the race action, I really need to know what Nicky Hayden's father's facial expression will be when Rossi passes him!

Retarded.

Other than that though, these broadcasts are actually pretty well done. Well, I mean the stats and stuff they show on the screen are pretty cool. Like that throttle/brake spectrum thingy, and when they show the running order they have it split out by groups with the gaps in time seperating them....that sort of stuff is really neat. Some cool camera angles too.

But they really need a lesson in keeping the camera on the action.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I think they should try a split screen deal, where the main image focuses on the race action, and the smaller screen covers the other "interesting" stuff.

D

·
0 Posts
other racing series, not mentioning any names, but the initials are NASCAR, use a frame in frame shot for instances like that. when something dramatic is about to happen they have a camera in place for crew/wife/parent/playtoy of the week reaction, while the incident is going on. they run it picture-in-picture like. they use the same thing to do spot interviews with relevant people. quick chat with crew chief after a good pit stop, while watching the car hit the track again. "yeah we got the tires on good, we got the fuel in good, the jack man jacked the car good, we brushed the rad off good, and we cleaned the windshield real good"

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
I liked the shot of Hopkins giving his bike some boot loving.. how many engines did he go through this weekend, like 3-4?

·
New chain...Soo smooth...
930 Posts
As soon as there's gonna be a pass, or a situation where there could be a crash, or something else interesting happening....what do we get? A great shot of the pit crew, head mechanic, the rider's father or girlfreind...YES that is what we the viewers really want to see! Forget about the race action, I really need to know what Nicky Hayden's father's facial expression will be when Rossi passes him!
I know exactly what you mean - I was cursing the same thing - that newbie director should be shot, dismembered, ground up into small bits and fired out of a cannon into the desert for that pathetic attempt at coverage... Even the annoucers were getting irritated with it.

Hmm... sounds like a good job for Saturnin! - at least you'd be watching some hot umbrella girls or a crashed bike and not some mechanic staring at a stopwatch or a clipboard...

·
930 Posts
"yeah we got the tires on good, we got the fuel in good, the jack man jacked the car good, we brushed the rad off good, and we cleaned the windshield real good"
Oh man that's good...:laughing

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Yup. All stuff happened good. :D

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
lol, soup reports that suzuki went through 13 engines this weekend.

·
930 Posts
lol, soup reports that suzuki went through 13 engines this weekend
Holy crap, that's some serious cake - whadaya think a dead Zook GP engine is worth?

Ummm... Lets say maybe $50,000 each (their internal cost) x 13 = $650,000 in engines alone, let alone the cost of tires, fuel, wages, transportation and the bad press it generated...:eek

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
doug said:
"yeah we got the tires on good, we got the fuel in good, the jack man jacked the car good, we brushed the rad off good, and we cleaned the windshield real good"
Ya, I was jus mindin my own busniess and he wrecked me into the fence! I mean darn mang, but My Alltel Dodge Charger Mobil 1 Penske ran real good, Id like to thank the guys back at the shop, hi Mom! Ya, my Goodyears were good, we were a bit loose there but Fat Back took out some wedge and free'd it up though the center of the turn.

I wish I could talk with a NASCAR accent.:laughing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts