BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a 2-up quick ride to Sacramento. Cloudy in Washington, Rainy in Oregon, Snow in the southern Oregon mountains to Mt. Shasta. The Mt. Shasta area was incredible first thing in the morning with a fresh blanket of snow and bright sunny skies. Managed to hit Sacramento in a day and a half, where I put my bike in the back of a U-Haul and drove it, my buddy and his broken race car home.

Suprisingly, I wasn't cold, thanks to a Gerbring vest under my leathers and a rubber rain suit on top. A warm body sitting in back probably helped some too. Thick winter riding gloves kept my hands warm and dry.

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
How awkward/difficult was it riding in the snow? Sounds like a trip I would love to do during the summer months.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
g_spyder91 said:
How awkward/difficult was it riding in the snow? Sounds like a trip I would love to do during the summer months.
The snow didn't stick, so it was no problem. I have ridden in snow in the rockies before, which was very tricky - especially with a bike laden with touring stuff.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I'm looking forward to reading more ride reports in the months to come. There are a lot of roads out there that we haven't yet explored......
Thanks for giving us this little taste of the season yet to come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts