BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so its not a gix 1000 or a r6 or even a sv ,maybe not even a pocketbike (jus kidding ) it is a pretty good bike all in all ,has any one seen a race bodywork buell on the street ?

any pics /links ?

i think id would be pretty cool to have a xb12r kitted right out with some better forks ,cool wheels ,,basically anything you 'd do to a real bike (damn i said it again ,:laughing ) to trick it out --sans the chrome ,flusmounts,flames,gucci,neon.etc
all kidding aside ,would anyone with a buell do this ?

id love to see that ,,dont lie when you hear a buell it sounds pretty cool

chain conversion ,marchesini or PVM ,projector lights ,ohlins or any radial mount forks,,,or maybe throw another perimiter rotor on the other side with some billet brakes,some minor engine mods ,good pipe ,cool digital race gauge ,sliders ,,stuff like that

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
you wouldnt want to see that ? your lying !

very unlike this !the lights can stay --after that PEUKE

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
the race bike looks good. I like the flat black paint on the frame and swingarm. Overall (dare I say it??) a good looking bike.

The "pimped" street version made me throw up in my mouth like I have never done since the but ugly LP TLR 1000.

·
Tool Guy
532 Posts
what the trick enkei wheels that come on the buell aren't trick enough for you.

I'd take those over my stock three spokes any day of the week and twice on sunday. but I guess if it doesn't say marchesini its crap.

and don't get confused it sounds like ....... a HARLEY.

it doesn't need/ have a second perimeter rotor becuase it doesn't need one why add more weight for absolutely no benefit, you said no chrome but billet about the same bling level.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Run against a few Buells at Mission. Don't think they are fast. Even my slow ass on the ol' CBR600F2 makes mince meat of them. However I love the sound and I'm sure the feel of a big throbbing twin is something worth having (that'll bring some replies I'm sure :D).

To me I find that street bike riding is not about having the fastest bike. It's about having one that makes you feel good. And part of that is having a bike that is powerful "enough" but not so powerful that you can't reasonably use it here and there. Something like a Buell is that sort of bike. You can flog it more often and get that much closer to the limits without attracting too much of the law's attention.

And regardless of speed (once you get over the shock) riding a slow bike fast is far more fun than riding a fast bike slowly.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big_Bird said:
what the trick enkei wheels that come on the buell aren't trick enough for you.

I'd take those over my stock three spokes any day of the week and twice on sunday. but I guess if it doesn't say marchesini its crap.

it doesn't need/ have a second perimeter rotor becuase it doesn't need one why add more weight for absolutely no benefit, you said no chrome but billet about the same bling level.
pretty much every sportbike has wheels made by ENKEI as as stock ,,my 3 spoke 92 zx7 wheels were enkei ,its no fantasy to have em ,and it doesnst have to say marchesini or its crap ,it just has to be light ,,those aint as light as aftermarket ,it can be any other than stock .And that one permiter brake isnt as good as 2 billet brembos ,or nissin or PVm whatver no matter how you slice it .That bike weighs a whole bunch it would do good to have better brakes,Check any AMA bike and more than half have a different fork set up (where its allowed ,,maybe pro thunder ? formula extreme not sure)

and since when is billet the same as chrome ? one has nothing to do with the other ,billet is function ,chome is uselss .

im just saying there is a way to make that bike better with stuff used to make other bikes better .There is nothing trick about the stock parts of that bike .
id get one if it looked like the race bike in black up top and id love it i bet if it had some better shit on it ,,,i mean come on they raced the xb12r in formula extreme againt 600cc's --- come on 1200cc against 600's and it barely finsihed a race let alone kept up ,,,,trick bike > i think not .but it could be .just dont use BUELL aftermarket parts and it woud be fine :laughing

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the frame and swingarm on the BUELL is more interesting than a tilller frame ,do they make the same HP ? zx12r ? tlr 1000 ?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh gawd i checked the xb12 r puts out a whopping 103 hp

cant imagine what the 9br puts out .

hmm maybe it does need a tiller ? lol

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TeeTee said:
Run against a few Buells at Mission. Don't think they are fast. Even my slow ass on the ol' CBR600F2 makes mince meat of them. However I love the sound and I'm sure the feel of a big throbbing twin is something worth having (that'll bring some replies I'm sure :D).

To me I find that street bike riding is not about having the fastest bike. It's about having one that makes you feel good. And part of that is having a bike that is powerful "enough" but not so powerful that you can't reasonably use it here and there. Something like a Buell is that sort of bike. You can flog it more often and get that much closer to the limits without attracting too much of the law's attention.

And regardless of speed (once you get over the shock) riding a slow bike fast is far more fun than riding a fast bike slowly.

I agree with you all the way, plus, I really like the new innovations that Buell brought on the market. For street use, I think they are cool looking, they are totally different, performance wise, tech. wise and look wise. Isn't having a bike supposed to reflect your personality ? I'm different, so I ride a different bike.So, some of you guys like beeing all the same, so you buy a R1 or a Gixxer. You can make them a little different, but overall, you buy them 'cause every one likes them.
When I bought my Z1000, it was different. Now I have to personalise her 'cause there is too many around, stock,it doesn't look different anymore.

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
Buell has developed a capable frame and suspension, but the upgrade it needs most is the engine from a V-Rod.

·
Jason #8,946,528
305 Posts
ZoomaFoo said:
Buell has developed a capable frame and suspension, but the upgrade it needs most is the engine from a V-Rod.
Too true. I ran into the head Harley guy for Canada last summer, while on vacation, and said the same thing to him, he told me to keep an eye out for impending changes. Sadly those changes were just the Night Rod, or whatever it is called, and the Ulysses.

·
Member #827
1,505 Posts
They're pretty cool little bikes with LOTS of features I like. It's just that the motors are total CRAP! The first one posted looks pretty slick. RC51 or TLR motor transplant would be perfect.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Reg said:
I agree with you all the way, plus, I really like the new innovations that Buell brought on the market. For street use, I think they are cool looking, they are totally different, performance wise, tech. wise and look wise. Isn't having a bike supposed to reflect your personality ? I'm different, so I ride a different bike.So, some of you guys like beeing all the same, so you buy a R1 or a Gixxer. You can make them a little different, but overall, you buy them 'cause every one likes them.
When I bought my Z1000, it was different. Now I have to personalise her 'cause there is too many around, stock,it doesn't look different anymore.
Ahmen! I built a fighter for the same reason. By the way, how do you like your Z1000, they look awesome. Cheers, Ed

·
Tool Guy
532 Posts
borderline said:
pretty much every sportbike has wheels made by ENKEI as as stock ,,my 3 spoke 92 zx7 wheels were enkei ,its no fantasy to have em,

I never said it was a fantasy to have ENKEI wheels I said that I would much ranther have THOSE ENKEI wheels then the stock shit ENKEI's that most sportbikes come with.

You said trick it out with some cool wheels, but as far as wheels are concerned those wheels are pretty cool, especailly for stock, they may not be light but that doesn't change the fact that they look sweet.

but you are right it could do well with better forks and a better engine, but I think the theory behind the front brake is genius, does it need a better caliper? perhaps but I'm sure it can hold its own in the braking department.

Last time I checked eric buell is a pretty smart guy,unfortunately he made a stupid decision by affiliating with harley and using their drivetrain.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Big_Bird said:
Last time I checked eric buell is a pretty smart guy,unfortunately he made a stupid decision by affiliating with harley and using their drivetrain.
i think the vrod would be a good superbike motor if they let BUELL design it to work better ,,when that turd was in ama it suked balls ,but they newer ones kill at the drag strip .

your right the wheels are diff and cool ,but i think it would be more of a function to improve the bike to loose weight wherever you could ,,the bike is a bit of heavy pig otherwise ,I know if i saw one tricked out like i was saying id be all over it before any gixyamkawihonthing .

·
Funbuster
153 Posts
They will never use the V-rod in the Buell XB frame. Eric Buell has said so himself. The V-rod engine is massive, and will not even come close to fitting in the XB.

The current engine being used in the XB is bullet proof and offers "real world" usable power. Great low end torque.
Be honest with yourself, how many times are you going to want to surpass the 220km/h top speed of the Buell when you are riding on the street?
For most people who are interested in riding more than they are posing, the Buell offers incredible handling and has even been called "the best handling bike in the world" by some motojournalists.
You owe it to yourself to go out and ride a properly set up XB. It will change your views on Buell and you will develop a lot of respect for Eric Buell and his engineering genious.

You might say I am bias because I own one. Or, you might realize that I have had time to ride and appreciate the most fun motorcycle I have ever owned. There was one point last summer when I had switched bikes with a buddy for a while during a road trip. When I changed back to my Buell, I literally found myself laughing out loud inside my helmet. Yes, it felt that good to get back on my bike!

*note:
The Buell XB models should not be confused with older Buells which suffered from very poor quality and reliability issues. In addition, the entry level Buell Blast has been the subject of many unhappy owners.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
justice said:
They will never use the V-rod in the Buell XB frame. Eric Buell has said so himself. The V-rod engine is massive, and will not even come close to fitting in the XB.

The current engine being used in the XB is bullet proof and offers "real world" usable power. Great low end torque.
Be honest with yourself, how many times are you going to want to surpass the 220km/h top speed of the Buell when you are riding on the street?
For most people who are interested in riding more than they are posing, the Buell offers incredible handling and has even been called "the best handling bike in the world" by some motojournalists.
You owe it to yourself to go out and ride a properly set up XB. It will change your views on Buell and you will develop a lot of respect for Eric Buell and his engineering genious.

You might say I am bias because I own one. Or, you might realize that I have had time to ride and appreciate the most fun motorcycle I have ever owned. There was one point last summer when I had switched bikes with a buddy for a while during a road trip. When I changed back to my Buell, I literally found myself laughing out loud inside my helmet. Yes, it felt that good to get back on my bike!

*note:
The Buell XB models should not be confused with older Buells which suffered from very poor quality and reliability issues. In addition, the entry level Buell Blast has been the subject of many unhappy owners.
it was more tounge in cheek when i was dissing it ,,i know its a fairly decent bike ,,best handling bike in the world ? //?? um yeh sure ,,ZX7R is a better handliing bike than most ,still to this day ,,but they are both pigs and thats what makes them so solid ,,,im talking about changing the wieght of it ,not making it go faster in a straight line ,,thats lame anyway.It has CRAZy potential and i think the street farings would give it more respect from other japanese manufact riders and it still will be distinctive as a buelll.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts