BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

321 - 340 of 1359 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I started out reading this shortly after it started, cause its kind of local to me. I lmao at the Jenga comment , cause it sums the pos up perfectly. As its gone viral its been interesting to read other people's opinions- some of the humorous vein I'm seeking , and others chastising the OP for not helping the guy out. Seeing as how the OP is renting from the builder / owner I can see the rational for shutting up and narrating the unfolding disaster.
Particularly if you knew that this property , being in a suburb of Vancouver BC is worth many many $$., and I'd be fairly certain when the building ceases to exist it is unlikely to cause his children to go hungry. Perhaps the builder is actually a world eek own brain surgeon and this is how he unwinds. Perhaps he's building a future grow up with a short life expectancy. When one looks at the surounding sheds, I'll be damned if it doesn't fit in.
Anyway, I hope the OP keeps us up to dated. I'm kinda of rooting for the shed now. Hoping it stands up against certain destruction. This area has a warm climate.
But every now and then we get a freak foot of snow - often followed by a c

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oops
By a couple of inches of rain.
That will surely be the test.
I suppose another route would be to get Mike Holmes to do a show on it and build him a good one.
Back to watching for me .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, just joined up from Boston, MA. Found this thread on a paintball site and a firearms site on the same day. Do you guys have Comedy Central in Canada? I spend too much time skiing when I'm up there to watch TV. Anyway send this to Daniel Tosh.

So... After reading/watching this whole thread...

Why doesn't the OP spend a night in the shed, and document it with a videocamera? I'm thinking this is a modern day House on Haunted Hill meets Blair Witch scenario. I'd love to hear what kind of noises come from this thing on a breezy evening.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh and one last sad thought...

In the last video, from a distance, that looks like it might not be an Indiana Jones style death trap. Might wanna put up some caution tape.

·
countdown to next crash..
2,658 Posts
Hey guys, just joined up from Boston, MA. Found this thread on a paintball site and a firearms site on the same day. Do you guys have Comedy Central in Canada? I spend too much time skiing when I'm up there to watch TV. Anyway send this to Daniel Tosh.

So... After reading/watching this whole thread...

Why doesn't the OP spend a night in the shed, and document it with a videocamera? I'm thinking this is a modern day House on Haunted Hill meets Blair Witch scenario. I'd love to hear what kind of noises come from this thing on a breezy evening.
I second this! And also second the idea of a bike night at the shed!

·
Insert User Title Here.
4,868 Posts
Jezuz we'd have 100,000 out if we posted a bike night there now.

Time for an update please good sir. Anybody huff and puff and blow this thing down yet?

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #328 (Edited)
As its gone viral its been interesting to read other people's opinions- some of the humorous vein I'm seeking , and others chastising the OP for not helping the guy out. Seeing as how the OP is renting from the builder / owner I can see the rational for shutting up and narrating the unfolding disaster.
Above all else: Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

How could I possibly interfere with another man's will to build, craft, and create something on his very own land? When it affects me not - Who am I suppress his will by mine, myself never having built a shed - and attempt to deflect his aspirations to create something with his own hands?
Irregardless of the irregularities in comparison to other such structures - the nearest examples of which also happen to be somewhat decrepit and defunked - think of the accomplishment this man feels! So what if it's a little 'off'. He built a pretty sizeable shack, pretty much on his own, and undoubtedly learned a lot about shack building in the process.

And I'm sure the next one will be built even better. :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
I appreciate your candor.

That said, when a tornado picks this thing up and plants it on top of a preschool for mentally handicapped puppies, who's laughing?

me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The truth of it is - even in this condition this sweet old Knucklehead is worth more than most of the bikes on this site.
Most of the original stuff is still on it. That chain appears to be an anti theft device, not holding anything together.
He probably needs it too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Joined up to post...like Frizzle Fry - I joined from a Paintball site called mcarterbrown. This thread is full of so much win. I'm from Van originally - the area looks familiar, trying to remember what secondary highway that is close to, maybe I partied close to it??!?

DNA - You did a great service. +5 Internets to you good Sir!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Jezuz we'd have 100,000 out if we posted a bike night there now.
I would ride out to a meet there even if it meant crossing a sea of gravel, dust and sand during a monsoon.

DNA, the next DIY project this guy does better have a live stream :laughing

·
Insert User Title Here.
4,868 Posts
even if it meant crossing a sea of gravel, dust and sand
ok, first off, your track record of riding in gravel recently isn't that great :eek :laughing but lucky for you this guy didn't use any kind of foundation under or around the structure, so you should be good lol

Bazinga.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
ok, first off, your track record of riding in gravel recently isn't that great :eek :laughing

Bazinga.
I blame it on my bike having narcolepsy :devillook
I put the gravel, dust and sand part specifically for my wonderful track record, no better incentive to practice than to see this collosal piece of... "Modern Art" :laughing

321 - 340 of 1359 Posts