BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1359 Posts

·
Registered
18,851 Posts
That's the BCSB Mission Statement right there.....
Hey, at one point a few years back I was 4 for 4 in a row picking the guy who would crash on a BCSB ride.

Nobody died, but bikes were smashed up... and pretty much all those guys are no longer riding... or at least around BCSB.

·
I make grown adults cry!
344 Posts
(Break lurk)

Thank you. Best thread ever. Update frequently. Have you considered installing some form of motion sensing camera aimed at the structure to capture both the progress and potentially the collapse/construction fatality?

(Resume lurk)

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
DNA, go and talk to the guy, explain what he's doing wrong. If this was a new rider that was clueless on the bike, we'd all be giving advice and suggestions for him to improve - why is this case any different? He's clueless, that much is obvious, and yes, there's an entertainment factor, but the guy is digging his own grave (financial, at a minimum) and it can be avoided with a few easy words, so why hold back? No one was born a builder, just like no one was born a motorcycle rider. We all learn from someone, and we'd all be worse off without help from others. If he ignores the advice, so be it, but at least it was offered. We wouldn't intentionally watch a clueless rider ride into the ditch, would we?
I would think that telling him what he is doing right would be a lot easier...and quicker :)

·
Registered Luser
2,112 Posts
A most noble conception; However, not possessing equivalent experience from which to speak authoritatively, I will only use socratic suggestion - and even that, must be delicate. Now is not the time to instill him with doubts!
very true. now is the time to help him have the confidence to use larger and more powerful tools.
nail gun would be my first suggestion. make sure to let him know the pros always disable that pesky safety interlock on the front.

table saw would be a good second choice unless you can convince him that a chainsaw will be a real time saver...

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'm willing to bet there is not one single 90 degree in that structure.. :)

·
GoPro Inspector
4,422 Posts
Holy hell! I'm going to change my route so I can drive by more frequently and see how he's doing...can you see it from the road? Does that not make you wonder about the safety of the house you LIVE IN? Offer to build it for him for free rent!

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Monday Morning; the 'crew' has arrived on-site, 'construction' is under way!
I'll get pics of the updated 'build' later today :)

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
You've got to do some form of time lapse photography. that would be epic.

41 - 60 of 1359 Posts