BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

61 - 80 of 1363 Posts

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Today saw the 'completion' of the A-frame roof supports, and the addition of 'walls'.

But please use 'other' door.

The door itself hangs crooked in the (also crooked) door frame. Opening it wasn't so bad, but closing it takes some significant effort. Luckily you can just kind of bend things as needed.

Structural.

Flooring. It's like a wall for your feet.

I don't know what this is doing here, but it's important enough to work the flooring around it. There's only one of these though - it must be unique and important.

Gaps like yo mamma's front teeth

Quality finishing.

2 nails, 5 screws. This is fastening a 2ft piece of wood into the 'shelving unit'. Secure.as.Fuck.

Side view;

damn 10 pic limit... more on the way

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
This is the piece being held by the 2 nails + 5 screws:

Roofline; Note the 'extension' in the foreground, and the raised beams aft

structural brace, securely fashioned.

My favorite bit. I'm calling it the 'keystone' - upon which everything else seems to rest.

Keystone detail. Elegant.

shot of the shelves

I think this is a chin-up bar, and he wants to hang a heavy-bag...

Yup. It's taking shape quite nicely.

·
Smile. :)
1,145 Posts
BUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

2 nails... 5 screws....
Quality finish....
Gaps like yo' mommas front teeth.... I'd say more crooked than her back when she bends over.

Ohhh this only keeps getting better.

And it did!:eek

Wtf is that.... thing with all the beams... a mid-evil torture device? The Keystone isn't even straight... oohh man.

·
corner worker
1,024 Posts
You did say he was Korean.

I may have found some of his other work

http://youtu.be/aQXTSR9koCg
No problem, move to Canada, great excuse, they will kill me back home!
Gee I wonder why?
lol
I just love it when I see OSB board being used as the exterior sheeting, it basically is not even recommended by most of the building stores here.
Gee I wonder why?
Cause for one, it rains here a lot! And for some reason, OSB board has a natural way of absorbing moisture, it usually starts on the edges and works its way into the wood, unless sealed with paint (Multi layers of paint) it won't last a year in this case.
But who cares? One good dump of snow next winter and a good gust of wind and it will be laying flat,
What are the odds of that happening?
Never...lol

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
Dude, you are a very brave man to stand in there and take pics for us. Please remember to wear armour next time and bring a device you can text for help from when it all collapses on you.

I vote this as thread of 2013. We can all stop trying now for the rest of the year.

·
Smile. :)
1,145 Posts
No problem, move to Canada, great excuse, they will kill me back home!
Gee I wonder why?
lol
I just love it when I see OSB board being used as the exterior sheeting, it basically is not even recommended by most of the building stores here.
Gee I wonder why?
Cause for one, it rains here a lot! And for some reason, OSB board has a natural way of absorbing moisture, it usually starts on the edges and works its way into the wood, unless sealed with paint (Multi layers of paint) it won't last a year in this case.
But who cares? One good dump of snow next winter and a good gust of wind and it will be laying flat,
What are the odds of that happening?
Never...lol
All I can say is black mold.
I'm more surprised he isn't using MDF.

3rd on thread of 2013!

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
As awesome as this is.. nothing could beat video of this genius at work. :rockon

·
license to chill
2,857 Posts
On one hand you have to give this guy props: despite a clear lack of basic math and geometry he didn't just set out to make some dinky little shack; no he went big.
On the other hand, I hope he's not too attached to whatever's going inside.

·
countdown to next crash..
2,658 Posts
as someone who is not naturally mechanically inclined and a fairly terrible handyman, this has made me feel a lot better about myself. Feel good story of the year.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Wow, that's some freaky and dodgy construction job. Now i know never to hire any Korean handyman for any construction job around the house. LOL

61 - 80 of 1363 Posts