BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

81 - 100 of 1358 Posts

·
Green
2,290 Posts
If it wasn't for the amount of money this guy spent on materials I would call bullshit.

I just went to look at a treehouse I built when I was 10 years old... Superior in every way.

·
Registered
18,858 Posts
If it wasn't for the amount of money this guy spent on materials I would call bullshit.
I was wondering myself if this was a spoof, fueled by a load of materials left around from a legitimate job... and someone with too much time on their hands.

I do have a hard time believing anyone would construct such a thing.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
I was wondering myself if this was a spoof, fueled by a load of materials left around from a legitimate job... and someone with too much time on their hands.

I can assure you, this is tragically real.

This is what happens when you get someone who's eager to save money - they cut costs on material, labour, and know-how. And in the end, it will undoubtedly end up costing him more - either in bylaw fines should an inspector ever show up (probably requiring this thing be torn down), or when it inevitably collapses, or blows away in the next annual giant windstorm.

Oh, speak of the devil, he just pulled in to begin todays work :D

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts

That's a lot of effort to make a joke.

I just can't believe how bad that is. And like others said, it makes me feel better about my work. I showed it to my friend who's a builder (and here working on my bathroom) and he lost it. Probably the funniest thing ever posted on this site.

Keep it up!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I can assure you, this is tragically real.

This is what happens when you get someone who's eager to save money - they cut costs on material, labour, and know-how. And in the end, it will undoubtedly end up costing him more - either in bylaw fines should an inspector ever show up (probably requiring this thing be torn down), or when it inevitably collapses, or blows away in the next annual giant windstorm.

Oh, speak of the devil, he just pulled in to begin todays work :D
The door probably came from a used building supply/salvage place. At least the sheathing is covering/holding it up nicely. :laughing

Well, now I can stop using my imagination thinking even more nefarious reasons why someone would build a structure with so many weak points, or maybe just for the purpose just to make a promo video of tae kwon do school destroying that shed... :EEK!

·
padawan
1,942 Posts
The second door will be the roto-tiller door :)

I expect that as it starts to (repeatedly) fall apart, he'll make creative "fixes".

Amazing example of DIY-ism -- thanks for bearing witness, DNA.

+rep
#subscribed

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
osb is allowed for wall and roof sheathing. plywood though better isn't going to help this guy.

I have found that permit departments are typically complaint driven as far as these small accessory buildings are concerned . . . so as long as no neighbors complain, he's probably good to go.

I prefer this type of shoddy construction, where you can see it is shoddy through and through, vs the typical shoddy workmanship which is covered by some nice trim and a good coat of paint.

you guys are evil.

forget time lapse. we need a live webcam setup.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
At least they got some tips

Strength direction - ha! Awesome gift thread, thank you!

3tmBfDLh.jpg

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
UPDATE TIME!

It's got the googely eyes

Measure once cut ..ah fuckit.

This thing is totally gonna be air-tight...

...all around

'keystone' update - the 'central' support beam has been cut out and merged with another. I 'fully support this decision'. Too bad it will not be fully supporting much of anything anymore.

Well, this looks promising, doesn't it? Shingles! yay!
It can only mean he plans on going up on the roof at some point :)

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
shelves, fuck yea.

For marble storage.

close enough.

There's a LOT of these.

Clearly he's thought this through.

Admittedly, the presence of TP is both unsettling and intriguing.

...and OH SHIT did this muthafucka actually get a timelapse? :evilgrin

http://www.youtube.com/user/DNAspark99

81 - 100 of 1358 Posts