BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1363 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
I am really wanting to get a snowbike setup for next year is my plan. *But blew the wad on dirtbikes this fall and now as of yesterday snow is on the ground. I've got lots of firewood for the shop and plenty of tinkering/wrenching to do this winter on my bikes. So winter isn't all bad I guess.*

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
For some reason I must have missed or forgotten this thread. Most certainly the best thread ever posted here!

I can't believe that shack is still standing. Women could do better. Oops...sorry ....is that sexist? My bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi just joined up so i can post this then the account will go dark so if the mods want to yell at me i understand fully but this thread is worth it

I have been spreading this about in a few places in australia and on a few chat platforms

Please someone tell me this is standing still and if so is there pictures?

Thanks.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,344
aye; she's still standing; as beaut as the day she was erected.

Well furnished and cozy, this relaxing B&B bungalow can be reserved as a personal 'safe space' for those much needed getaways, retreats, and private functions.

Don't hesitate, busy spring season is upon us, act now to reserve today!

can be yours now for the low low price of 5.0XMR per weekend reservation! hurry while supplies last!

47CLqMsu8kmYfGdZEVkkDiiS6ow99BJSkVyq2eRXLuQRPRtuBBTi3JchQz2cZqDzaN6VqdJQc952nWHy79j5nbue7Sxvwc6

·
Registered
3 Posts
aye; she's still standing; as beaut as the day she was erected.

Well furnished and cozy, this relaxing B&B bungalow can be reserved as a personal 'safe space' for those much needed getaways, retreats, and private functions.

Don't hesitate, busy spring season is upon us, act now to reserve today!

can be yours now for the low low price of 5.0XMR per weekend reservation! hurry while supplies last!

47CLqMsu8kmYfGdZEVkkDiiS6ow99BJSkVyq2eRXLuQRPRtuBBTi3JchQz2cZqDzaN6VqdJQc952nWHy79j5nbue7Sxvwc6
How the heck can it still stand? surely the rot has set into the foundation.

·
Registered Luser
2,116 Posts
It could rot from the ground up for 50 years. *It’ll just get that twist that old shacks get where the whole structure becomes a stressed skin monocoque like a ww2 fighter plane. *Perhaps some of the spiral structural elements were designed to direct the eventual gravity induced twist.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
How the heck can it still stand? surely the rot has set into the foundation.
Stuff doesn't fall down as often as it should, which is why people still build crap saying "we've been doing this for years". Used to hear it all the time as a rigger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Stuff doesn't fall down as often as it should, which is why people still build crap saying "we've been doing this for years". Used to hear it all the time as a rigger.
Sadly thats true seen some crazy things built myself but nothing as epic as this thread.

·
Registered
8,766 Posts
i can see that.. we come across the same thing in electronics, security wiring in older buildings.

its no big deal, hasnt burned down yet. uhmm, thats because its low voltage!
Some of the stuff i service practically falls apart if you sneeze on the damn thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am still evangelizing this thread, and this shed. Someday there will be new pictures, and a new shed. I just know it. Put together with duct tape.

·
Registered
904 Posts
being lazy and not wanting to read what is the address of "the shed" maybe I can take some pix on my next scoot :D

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
I rode past it last weekend. It's actually really tricky to see the thing in the summer,,,,they've planted a bunch of, I think apple trees between it and the fence line. It's location? Basically, it's across the street from Langley Rugby Club home field, on Crush Crescent, 1/4 mile west/north/west of Milner Village at Glover Road. It's directly north of the westernmost property line of Langley Rugby Club's parking lot.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Ok, with the snow over the past few days and the forecasted switch back to rain ...... someone needs to check up on things.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Drove by the S.O.M. Friday afternoon, quickly took a couple pics, had to take them from the street though the window cause there was no shoulder with the snow. It is still standing. It's sinking into the ground. It's roofline on the southeast corner is sagging. Supposed to start raining Saturday after 1/2 a night of snow, so it will be architecturally challenged more on Saturday.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,360
let's face it: at this rate, the United States of America is going to collapse well before the shed o' doom ever does

1341 - 1360 of 1363 Posts