BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1361 - 1371 of 1371 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
lol, wish it was really lol... I work in the oilfield and so being hit with a double smack down. I keep putting the Shed of Doom on Google Map & Google Earth but Google has yet to act.... I need a life

·
Registered
1 Posts
boredom with the quaranteen 49.131193, -122.631927
Wow. Thanks ruffneckred.

Thanks to your geo location, I have been able to finally see the SOD in the flesh (well nearly).
I homed in on those coordinates in Google maps, and saw the satellite view of the shid.
Then, I went down to street view in Google maps, walked up the road a bit, and saw the shid between the trees. It's there. It's really there!

Finally, after all these years, I have seen it for real.

What an amazing day.

·
Bad Motherfucker
2,457 Posts
Was wondering if the shed of doom was still around... Hahahaaaa good laughs

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Still standing as over last weekend. Much grown in, tough to see from the road when the trees are in full bloomage. It has sunk down into the ground.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Of course , the best pics were always from DNA when he lived there. A pic from the road currently, will not be possible, it’s really grown in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We need someone to take some drone shots of this landmark.
I joined this forum seven years ago because of this shed, and anytime it crosses my mind, I check in for roll call to see any updates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bring you this for your viewing pleasure. Constructikons and do-it-your-selfers may get an extra special kick out of this one.

So, my landlord has taken it upon himself to build a 'toolshed'. For a roto-tiller. At least, that's the entirety of what he told us - there is, however, some inherent communication issues. (He's Korean, and not yet well versed in english (though certainly much better than my Korean)). There's one door so far, and a lawnmower will not even fit through it. (I don't think he knows that yet though)

So, this is the 'project' thus far. For one, the ground it's being built is mushy moist marshland - your feet sink with every step. Which is always ideal for a good foundation - or complete lack thereof.

It may not be immediately obvious, but I don't think this man has a background in construction.
It appears he owns a hammer and saw, perhaps a measuring tape, perhaps not. Certainly nothing like a square, straightedge, or level.
I guestimate that he has seen no more than 3 episodes of various home improvement shows, and maybe at best he's driven by a construction site atleast once in his life. After all, "how hard could it be?"

Indeed.

Now, I'm fairly certain this violates several bylaws. But I have no intention of stopping this beautiful process. I want to see this abortion come to term, and will keep this thread updated as this eyesore... evolves.

The pics almost don't do it justice though, at a glance you may almost think everything is straight and parallel. It's not.

Solid foundation. Note the footprint sinkholes opening up.

These blocks will surely prevent it from sinking, right?

Everything lining up so far...

Looking good....

I saw Bob Villa do it just like this ....

2 short planks are surely better than 1 long one...

Square, almost.

Perhaps a false-wall, or shelving system taking form here...

And, finally, this seems to be the only pic that even remotely captures and conveys the true deviance in the 'angles' present....

I don't think I'll ever set foot inside this thing...

Video links

http://www.youtube.com/user/DNAspark99
It has been what about 7 years since this post. I'd love to see some current pics.

1361 - 1371 of 1371 Posts