BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
living the dream
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at about 1pm a burgler attempted to break in my back door. My wife and child were home. My wife yelled at the man who was trying to break the back window that she was calling the cops. He turned tail and ran. Thank god. Scared the hell out of the wife. And now I need an alarm. Please discuss companies and experiances. Ps I was home by chance 1min after the fact but it took the cops 30mins to show.

·
Super Moderator
23,552 Posts
Dial 1-800-267-2001......♫♫ Alarm Force ♫♫

What can I say, strong marketing works, top of mind when people ask.

Glad all is well, and your wife saw him, woulda scared the shit outta mine....who'm I kiddin,
would scared the shit outta me too.....

I think a dog's bark would be more effective in most cases than any alarm, more fun too.

·
living the dream
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was thinking adt too. They have the best BBB score.....found out from the RCMP that three break ins in the area. Were the only one's they didn't get into....

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Today at about 1pm a burgler attempted to break in my back door. My wife and child were home. My wife yelled at the man who was trying to break the back window that she was calling the cops. He turned tail and ran. Thank god. Scared the hell out of the wife. And now I need an alarm. Please discuss companies and experiances. Ps I was home by chance 1min after the fact but it took the cops 30mins to show.
ya know what i would suggest ;)

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
Whoever called them should have said I think the guy has a gun. They would have beaten you there.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Whoever called them should have said I think the guy has a gun. They would have beaten you there.
I agree...gun call will get the cops running to ya.

..found out from the RCMP that three break ins in the area. Were the only one's they didn't get into...
Where abouts are you?

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
And even faster if ya say "you come now, or in 5 minutes don't bother. I'm reloading" :D

·
Fookin Prawn
7,006 Posts
Acme Security, been with them for 15 years. Alarm goes off, cops are in front of my house in 2-4mins.
I seriously doubt that. I've never, EVER heard of that being the case in Canada. That doesn't even leave any time for a false alarm call. I call BS. Unless you live next door to Tim Hortons.

·
living the dream
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Used to be in same area where cdg is and response was amazing now in mission.....response sucks....im a gun guy too so if i was home no biggie but now i need to teach the wife.........

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Teach your wife to shoot with accuracy. Although I don't know if you can shoot and kill someone who enters your home. Canadian pussy laws.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Teach your wife to shoot with accuracy. Although I don't know if you can shoot and kill someone who enters your home. Canadian pussy laws.
If your neighbors don't hear it. You just need a big tarp and skid the body into the pick up box. Picton farm still open for feedings??

1 - 20 of 58 Posts