BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so i'm getting the funds in order and ready to pick u a bike this winter. I already searched and nothing came up so i'm asking here.

Is there anything i should be aware of when i'm looking for a bike during this time? I want to get one over winter because I'll save some money for sure and I'll try to get the bike inspected to before I buy it.:rockon

·
Je ne suis pas Francais
3,398 Posts
Price come down aswell because people wanna sell their bike fast before they have to start paying storage insurance for winter.

·
Registered
376 Posts
sorry to bring this old thread up.

Just wondering how much cheaper is it to purchase a bike in the winter from a dealership?

·
Dr. Green Thumb
398 Posts
Price come down aswell because people wanna sell their bike fast before they have to start paying storage insurance for winter.
What? Storage insurance for a year is 80 bucks or less. Huh?

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you are buying privately, I find there are less bikes to choose from in the winter ... yeah, a little backward on the supply and demand theory, but when I was looking I saw tons of great bikes all spring/summer. By the time fall rolls around it was a little cheaper, but slim pick'ns.

From a dealer you will save on a new 2007 model once the 2008 are arriving - I hear Kawi is renown for dropping prices on last years model.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Always cheaper in the winter....

Hey, i am a Motorcycle saleman in richmond and i have to tell you that it is always cheaper in the winter for a couple of reasons
1. Bikes do not sell well in the cold because of obvious reasons , manufacturers know this and hammer dealer rebates to force traffic into dealerships.
2. Also manufaturers have really good finance incentives that can save you a pile of money with low intrest rates as well as free swag!!! Winter time is the best time to buy NEW bikes ...Dealers are always willing to bargin more @ this time ( DEC. Jan. ) :rockon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts