BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Powered by Honda
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When buying a new helmet how snug should it fit?
after you wear it for a while will it fit a lot looser cause it's now been broken in?

N

·
0 Posts
Cheeks should squish a bit, and the helmet shouldnt slide around, as in the padding on your forehead and hair should be gripping and when you wiggle the helmet your skin should move with the padding. Or try stuffing your fingers at the bak of the helm and on the forehead between the padding. only 1 or 2 fingers should fit. Those are the general rules i think.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Yeah, those are good general rules. It should feel "too tight" (but not crushing obviously) because it will pack in. The important thing is that it is not too tight in any one spot, because that will quickly turn into a raging headache. Wear the helmet around the shop for 15 minutes and see if any pressure points develop.

So... tight, but evenly tight all over.

·
Powered by Honda
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i wanted to get this suomy helmet and i've seen a sizing chart for it and it says i would fit a medium, but when i tried it on the medium fits really tight while the large just fits snug. so basically i was wondering if the helmet will get broken in after wearing it for a couple months, meaning will the medium become snug and the large get a little too loose after wearing it for a few months?

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
cyog said:
well i wanted to get this suomy helmet and i've seen a sizing chart for it and it says i would fit a medium, but when i tried it on the medium fits really tight while the large just fits snug. so basically i was wondering if the helmet will get broken in after wearing it for a couple months, meaning will the medium become snug and the large get a little too loose after wearing it for a few months?
I'd recommend going by the sizing chart; it will open up some after some use.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
NOrrTH said:
Then again it may give you head aches forever :surrender
if that's the case, then shape incompatibility would be the issue.
(some models will allow you to change cheek pads, etc. that could avoid some of that)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts